Post Match Brighton 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some backhanded compliments being handed out by some for Lookman.
At least that's better than some of the ****ing arse gravy being spouted about how utter shit the lad is before the poor fecker had even kicked a ball for us.

Harvey Barnes deliberately and ruthlessly obstructing the view of the keeper as Wilf nods it in

VAR is shite

FE919596-AE77-4EAE-8DA4-D85F12683535.jpeg

More importantly, why is Dewsbury-Hall being made to sit in the stands and how did Tielemans get next him him so quickly after delivering the corner?
And finally, someone needs to tell the geezer on the right that black lipstick ain’t cool.

Attachments

• A4A700B6-FD61-406B-A5B6-45853E483CEB.jpeg
    A4A700B6-FD61-406B-A5B6-45853E483CEB.jpeg
    572.9 KB · Views: 27
Harvey Barnes deliberately and ruthlessly obstructing the view of the keeper as Wilf nods it in

VAR is shite

View attachment 16374

Just saw the highlights on MOTD2

They showed this exact angle and several others. No way whatsoever Barnes was blocking the keeper in anyway at all.

And the penalty against Vestergaard was absolute shite too.

Definitely very unlucky with decisions in this one

Ricardo and Lookman looked like they linked up very well down the right wing!

Imagine travelling all the way to Brighton to see that utterly pathetic decision making.

What's the point? this shit is killing football and my enthusiasm for it.

Imagine travelling all the way to Brighton to see that utterly pathetic decision making.

What's the point? this shit is killing football and my enthusiasm for it.
You alright at the moment Lako? You seem to have a lot of anger

There seems so much confusion about the reason for refereeing mistakes; VAR, the officials and the rules often being discussed.

In my opinion this is deflecting attention away from the real people responsible … the officials.

Most of the time it is not VAR that is responsible, or the rules in the majority off situations, it is the inability of the officials to use the technology efficiently.

As other have said without VAR the result on Sunday would have been the same, the officials made poor decisions and were protected by the VAR official who refused to apply the laws of the game as they are designed.

If the result on Sunday would have been the same without VAR, which I agree with, then what’s the point of VAR?

If we haven’t got people capable enough to use it, ditch the ****er until we do.

In my opinion the technology is ok, the problem is the VAR official looking at situations and refusing to apply the laws of the game as they stand.

I haven't heard of anyone who looked at the penalty incident and decided that the referee was within his right to award the penalty. The VAR official would have seen what we saw but refused to intervene and apply the laws of the game.

Implementing VAR was always going to require patience that we don't have. I think if were prepared to give the officials a consistent set of rules and a few seasons that we would get an acceptable service.

The guidelines they have been given this season, not to get so involved, to have quicker checks, and even to allow marginal offsides sends the message that getting the decision correct is less important than making the decision quickly.

We either need to accept that we can't have it both ways, settle on the rules and guidance and give them time to get proficient and reach a standard, and which point you can begin to tweak things, or decide we're not prepared to do that and give the whole thing up.

I'm not justifying some of the bizarre decisions recently but I do have some sympathy.

When I started my first job, I had many different people coming all the time telling me "Don't do that do this" "your supposed to do it this way" "forget that, try this"... I ended up a nervous wreck, confused with no confidence in myself or my employers, then after a week the boss was telling me I hadn't done enough and put me on notice.

I know the VAR officials aren't young with no experience but this is still new to everyone and they need time to learn. Learning under so much pressure, with different expectations from different people is not easy.

Implementing VAR was always going to require patience that we don't have. I think if were prepared to give the officials a consistent set of rules and a few seasons that we would get an acceptable service.

The guidelines they have been given this season, not to get so involved, to have quicker checks, and even to allow marginal offsides sends the message that getting the decision correct is less important than making the decision quickly.

We either need to accept that we can't have it both ways, settle on the rules and guidance and give them time to get proficient and reach a standard, and which point you can begin to tweak things, or decide we're not prepared to do that and give the whole thing up.

I'm not justifying some of the bizarre decisions recently but I do have some sympathy.

When I started my first job, I had many different people coming all the time telling me "Don't do that do this" "your supposed to do it this way" "forget that, try this"... I ended up a nervous wreck, confused with no confidence in myself or my employers, then after a week the boss was telling me I hadn't done enough and put me on notice.

I know the VAR officials aren't young with no experience but this is still new to everyone and they need time to learn. Learning under so much pressure, with different expectations from different people is not easy.
I get what you are saying but I disagree with the last sentence.

VAR should have and support one common goal - eradicate errors and reverse errors made by the referee.

Referees make mistakes. The “R” in VAR is Referee. They make mistakes. People expecting perfection are going to be a bit disappointed.

I dont think its VAR officials making mistakes its them looking for any opportunity to agree with the on field officials. When faced with a check they are only overturning decisions where they have absolutely no choice but to do so, where 100% of people would agree there has been a mistake. If they can see the slightest reason, however small, to support the on field decision they will do so.

What I dont get is that the VAR officials are making themselves and by extension the on field officials look completely stupid agreeing to let decisions stand that 90% of people would agree are wrong.

I dont think its VAR officials making mistakes its them looking for any opportunity to agree with the on field officials. When faced with a check they are only overturning decisions where they have absolutely no choice but to do so, where 100% of people would agree there has been a mistake. If they can see the slightest reason, however small, to support the on field decision they will do so.

What I dont get is that the VAR officials are making themselves and by extension the on field officials look completely stupid agreeing to let decisions stand that 90% of people would agree are wrong.
Yes, they are making a rod for the their own back

Unless you're just plain biased, you have to acknowledge that VAR has improved the game.

There is now much less cheating and diving and 'home biased' refs. Decisions are proven to be more accurate now.

But it's going to take time to get it fully the way we'd all want. The laws of the game are in need of further work. They are still largely designed for interpretation rather than clarity. The refs are still learning how to work with it. VARs themselves are learning. That took years in every sport and it will in football too.

In five years, I expect there to be only a tiny percentage of fans against VAR.

I am actually for VAR in principle and fully expected it to improve the game for the better. On the odd occasions I watch a game of rugby VAR works brilliantly.

The problem as I see it is that the VAR officials are ruining it with their focus on supporting the on field officials decisions at all costs.

I don't believe that decision making is more accurate now either. Take the penalty at the weekend in our game, that will be recorded as a correct decsion because it wasn't overturned, farcical.

At some point later in the season the officials body will shout from the rooftops how they have got approx 99% of decisions right, they will be lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363