Brighton could get Rodman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester Riders Super Thread

Dennis Rodman, in the Big Brother house at the moment, is possibly going to turn out for Sheffield Sharks at $40,000 per game as per this report in the local paper here in Sheffield :-

The Sharks have confirmed they are in negotiations to sign NBA legend Dennis Rodman for one game later this month.

The 44-year-old, who is currently starring in the reality TV show Celebrity Big Brother, would command a fee of around £22,000.

Sharks general manager John Timms told the BBC he is hoping a deal can be struck in time for their game against Chester Jets.

Dennis led the NBA in rebounding (15.0 rpg) in 1997-98 for a record seventh consecutive season

Re: Leicester Riders Super Thread

Motown Fox said:
Dennis Rodman, in the Big Brother house at the moment, is possibly going to turn out for Sheffield Sharks at $40,000 per game as per this report in the local paper here in Sheffield :-

The Sharks have confirmed they are in negotiations to sign NBA legend Dennis Rodman for one game later this month.

The 44-year-old, who is currently starring in the reality TV show Celebrity Big Brother, would command a fee of around £22,000.

Sharks general manager John Timms told the BBC he is hoping a deal can be struck in time for their game against Chester Jets.

Dennis led the NBA in rebounding (15.0 rpg) in 1997-98 for a record seventh consecutive season

i moved this Motown as i thought it has more relevance here than the Riders thread.

If he does sign, it kind of makes the British league look like a circus. The signing of Rodman will not give the league any crediblity at all. Yes, it will make the news in North America, but more as a joke.

:redface:

The BBL has dropped greatly in standards over the years. A lot more slower than previously.

Steve Bucknall was the best player ten years ago and possibly is the best player now for Riders.

Behind Huntley of course.

Hazzman said:
Does put at least another 500 people through the doors however.

But that won't pay his wages. Their average crowd is 2,500, and the capacity 3,000. With ticket prices between £7 and £16 they couldn't pay his wages just from the extra 500 fans. They'd have to double their prices just to break even, if the reported wages are right (I've seen £22,000 and £25,000 per match mentioned).
So the only way it would make financial sense is if the extra publicity would earn the club more from sponsors etc.

I have been to the last two Riders games at the DMU, excellent game to watch and end to end action.Saying that Sunday afternoon was a slog 3 hours it took to eventually get a winner, just a shame it wasn't Leicester.

Good look to them in the final at Coventry's Sky Dome in Feb, i went to the last final (NTL) in Sheffield a repeat of that would be fantastic.

Get down to the DMU and support the Riders its alot better than watching the crap currently on show at the Walkers.

Levin OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bear said:
I have been to the last two Riders games at the DMU, excellent game to watch and end to end action.Saying that Sunday afternoon was a slog 3 hours it took to eventually get a winner, just a shame it wasn't Leicester.

Good look to them in the final at Coventry's Sky Dome in Feb, i went to the last final (NTL) in Sheffield a repeat of that would be fantastic.

Get down to the DMU and support the Riders its alot better than watching the crap currently on show at the Walkers.

Levin OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Levein and Levin out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673