Match Thread Brighton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton are everything that we're not.

Well organised, direct, a team full of players who know their role and are suited to their position.

It's borderline criminal how quickly we've regressed in the last few months.

Just had to go back and watch the replay of their 2nd again.

Luke Thomas is either seriously slow for a Premier League fullback, or just had no interest in getting back. Or both.

He might not have got there but they didn't sprint at us, and he just casually strolled back following Caicedo instead of breaking his neck to get back and fill his position or anticipate where the ball would go.
because he is out of his depth I take it Castagne has a niggle?

Brighton are everything that we're not.

Well organised, direct, a team full of players who know their role and are suited to their position.

It's borderline criminal how quickly we've regressed in the last few months.
The speed at which they’ve completely figured out how to break us open speaks volumes of the two managers.

This is so demoralizing.

I just can't even begin to analyse that goal. Maddison giving the ball away far too easily then every defender backing off and backing off until they can't back off any further by which time they're about a yard out with a simple finish.

And Maddison does it again. ****ing hell he looks appalling.
Why is maddison always playing so ****ing deep? If he wasn't parked in front lf the defence so often that wouldn't have happened.

Thomas is already on a booking (not his fault), an own goal and caught horribly out of position after Maddison gave the ball away.

He's not being helped, but he's a poor and inexperienced player who's already having a mare.

Please take him off for Castagne before his - and our - afternoon gets so much worse.

We essentially play with only 2 defenders with how high he asks the full backs to play. Ndidi isn't a defender and Evans can't do everything on his own.

Doesn't help when the midfield give the ball away cheaply and expose them regularly.

It is absolutely crazy how bad this is. And so obviously fixable.

I’m losing my marbles watching this. Just had a proper wibble moment to my poor wife.

All they have to do is get the ball anywhere near our defence and it’s a high probability they’ll score

I tell you what. If we are truly skint then can we stop buying Rodgers a new notepad for every match? I don't think doodling or doing pretend writing is worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363