Pre Match Bristol City v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Having completed my hatrick of pre-match thread starts ive got this one off early
Hopefully no injury concerns from Saturday, i would expect Drinkwater for King, Knockaert for Marshall and Nugent for Futacs, possibly Vardy returning to the bench (unless we have new signings)

Ik we keep up the recent level of performance and dont become too complacent we could/should be able to get all 3 points
Im expecting/predicting a 1-2 win Wood Nugent

Bristol are 23rd in the league. Can see us slipping up here. I'll go for a 2-1 loss. Wood scoring in the first half and Bristol scoring twice in quick succession soon after the break.

Bristol are 23rd in the league. Can see us slipping up here. I'll go for a 2-1 loss. Wood scoring in the first half and Bristol scoring twice in quick succession soon after the break.

"XXX are doing well. I think we'll lose"
"XXX aren't doing well. I think we'll slip up"

They're shite. We should win.

Hopefully Wood can continue with the good start he's made.

3-1 away win. Wood, Nugent, Drinkypoo.

I can't see anything other than a comprehensive win. If we can't win games like this then we won't go up via the automatic or play off routes.

Difference now is that we have someone else (Wood) to take the pressure off Nugent. We need these 3 points - a vital win for momentum.

I dont know how long it takes people to realise how the Championship works, but it seems they still have trouble remembering.

There is every chance we could slip up here, these are the games that screw up peoples coupons, it happens every week to many teams.

Dont get too cocky, it happened once already this season and nearly saw us drop out of the playoff positions.

I dont know how long it takes people to realise how the Championship works, but it seems they still have trouble remembering.

There is every chance we could slip up here, these are the games that screw up peoples coupons, it happens every week to many teams.

Dont get too cocky, it happened once already this season and nearly saw us drop out of the playoff positions.

All of that is true.

But is this game was played 5 times, I'd expect we'd win 3, draw 1 and lose 1.

Anything other than a win will be disappointing.

A win seems too obvious, so I'll go for a disappointing draw.

According to some of their fans, there midfielders lack creativity. That'll be at least 3 goals for them then.

Will be a tough game. They are a bit of a bogey team for us. Think it might be better that we are away in this game as their fans might expect better from them than if they were at our place.

Credit to Nige.Whilst the other top teams were fielding the reserves he went for broke against Burton.
The reward for this will be avoiding Cardiff for a little while longer thus giving Woods time to work on his touch and your new players to gel.
I had thought the Cardiff game could have been the crunch encounter for NP and I think he was more concerned with avoiding it than getting through to the 4th round.
All said, however,you must be looking for all 3 against BC if you want Auto.
Earlier in the season when you and Cardiff looked nailed on you could afford to be more philosophical but that luxury has gone.
Hull need to beat SW .Hopefully our 2 Prem signings will be in place soon(maybe 3 by the time this appears)

Credit to Nige.Whilst the other top teams were fielding the reserves he went for broke against Burton.
The reward for this will be avoiding Cardiff for a little while longer thus giving Woods time to work on his touch and your new players to gel.
I had thought the Cardiff game could have been the crunch encounter for NP and I think he was more concerned with avoiding it than getting through to the 4th round.
Earlier in the season when you and Cardiff looked nailed on you could afford to be more philosophical but that luxury has gone.
Hull need to beat SW .Hopefully our 2 Prem signings will be in place soon(maybe 3 by the time this appears)

Collins John was a premier league signing, as was Elvis Hammond (ankle). Don't get too excited.

How can a team look nailed on for promotion after 15 games? Especially when there's only a few points in it. :icon_conf

If they have dwarfed all others in terms of spending over a 2 year period and they build up a healthy position with a very winnable sequence of games coming up....But I had you and WHU as auto favs last season so
what do I know?
I thought Cardiff and yourselves this time.
It was only an opinion.
Mind you I saw what happened to Mickey for thinking independantly

If they have dwarfed all others in terms of spending over a 2 year period and they build up a healthy position with a very winnable sequence of games coming up....But I had you and WHU as auto favs last season so
what do I know?
I thought Cardiff and yourselves this time.
It was only an opinion.
Mind you I saw what happened to Mickey for thinking independantly

Don't bring me into it. Your on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669