Brit awards tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Voice From Above

Are the Brit awards being televised tonight?

According to my TV guide they will be shown on mainstream terrestrial tv tomorrow evening but is anybody aware of any broadcast on any satelite channel tonight?

The Voice From Above said:
Are the Brit awards being televised tonight?

According to my TV guide they will be shown on mainstream terrestrial tv tomorrow evening but is anybody aware of any broadcast on any satelite channel tonight?

They dare not show it live these days in case someone uses rude words or we work out that the crowd noise is added on afterwards.

Are sam fox & mick fleetwood presenting it tonight?:038:

MKFox said:
Are sam fox & mick fleetwood presenting it tonight?:038:

If only, it's the ginger tosser, and no it's not Homer.

the Brit awards results

These are the results which have just been leaked on online, don't blame me if it's a load of cobblers though:

British Male Solo Artist : James Blunt
British Female Solo Artist: KT Tunstall
British Group: Kaiser Chiefs
British Album: Coldplay - X&Y
British Single:Coldplay - Speed of Sound
British Breakthrough Act: Arctic Monkeys
British Urban Act: Lemar
British Rock Act: Kaiser Chiefs
British Live Act: Kaiser Chiefs
Pop Act: James Blunt
International Male Solo Artist: Kanye West
International Female Solo Artist: Madonna
International Group: Green Day
International Album: Green Day - American Idiot
International Breakthrough Act - Jack Johnson
Outstanding Contribution to Music - Paul Weller

Re: the Brit awards results

Ox Fox said:
These are the results which have just been leaked on online, don't blame me if it's a load of cobblers though:

No Hard-Fi :018: :018:

Mike Hunt Smells said:

so far ALL of the awards have gone to the ones I posted, so it looks like Hard-Fi will have to still dust that bit of the mantle they had set aside

Mike Hunt Smells said:

I don;t see where Hard Fi would win anything: they're good, but less original or energetic as Kaiser Chiefs. KC are not a stunning revolution in the music industry, but they have something that makes them stand out from the crowd, while IMHO Hard Fi are good enough to be the top of the more standard music.

Arctic Monkeys clearly are ahead in the breakthrough department. Hard Fi album was good, but there were better, and the same singles.

The only thing I'm not sure about is live act: KC are good, and I've never seen Hard Fi live, but they had impressive numbers on Soccer AM's graphic on Saturday... This is the only one I don't know about.

Jari Rantanen's Shorts said:
I don;t see where Hard Fi would win anything: they're good, but less original or energetic as Kaiser Chiefs. KC are not a stunning revolution in the music industry, but they have something that makes them stand out from the crowd, while IMHO Hard Fi are good enough to be the top of the more standard music.

Arctic Monkeys clearly are ahead in the breakthrough department. Hard Fi album was good, but there were better, and the same singles.

The only thing I'm not sure about is live act: KC are good, and I've never seen Hard Fi live, but they had impressive numbers on Soccer AM's graphic on Saturday... This is the only one I don't know about.

Exactly what breakthrough have Artic Monkeys made then? They just sound like a derivative of the spikey new wave bands like The Fire Engines and Joseph K.

Yes they sound fresh in todays musical climate mainly because he sings with an accent rather than an affected mid-Atlantic drawl - but breakthrough, never.

Hard-Fi = Chav Rock

Artic Monkeys are ok, but nothing special - his voice grates on you after a while. They also are geeks.

Ox Fox said:

Spot on this. :038:

Shame Arcade Fire didn't win anything.

Brit Awards are a load of old bollox IMO,unless they are voted for by Joe Public awards mean nothing.

highland fox said:
Brit Awards are a load of old bollox IMO,unless they are voted for by Joe Fox awards mean nothing.

Creep. :icon_roll :icon_wink

Last edited:

Ox Fox said:
Exactly what breakthrough have Artic Monkeys made then? They just sound like a derivative of the spikey new wave bands like The Fire Engines and Joseph K.

Yes they sound fresh in todays musical climate mainly because he sings with an accent rather than an affected mid-Atlantic drawl - but breakthrough, never.

I was arguing from the point that 'breakthrough' as being rise from obscurity to flavour of the month. I agree that they are not groundbreaking as such, but their meteoric rise is unmatched over the past 12 months.

I don;t particularly think Hard Fi qualify as groundbreaking either: I like both, the Arctic Monkeys have risen more than Hard Fi, but neither is particularly innovative as such.

Jari Rantanen's Shorts said:
I was arguing from the point that 'breakthrough' as being rise from obscurity to flavour of the month. I agree that they are not groundbreaking as such, but their meteoric rise is unmatched over the past 12 months.

I don;t particularly think Hard Fi qualify as groundbreaking either: I like both, the Arctic Monkeys have risen more than Hard Fi, but neither is particularly innovative as such.

I think I misinterpreted your use of the word breakthrough, all apologies.

Hard Fi are this years Kasabian, they're both the musical equivalent of a hamburger - nice at the time but you won't remember anything about them in a couple of years time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670