Bruma Joins Foxes On Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyK

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2291350,00.html

Confirmed

Leicester City have today (Friday) completed the signing of Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma on loan until the end of the season, subject to Football League approval.

The 19-year-old Dutchman was at the Club's Belvoir Drive training ground this morning to complete the formalities of the deal and take part in his first training session, ahead of Saturday's npower Championship trip to Derby County.

The highly-rated central defender, who has been capped by the Netherlands at under-19, under-21 and full international level, excelled in Chelsea's youth ranks after joining the Blues as a 15-year-old and made his first team debut aged just 17.

Having recently signed a new long-term contract, he arrives at the Walkers Stadium to begin the first loan spell of his young career, looking to add to the 10 first team appearances he has already made for the Premier League champions.

Bruma told Foxes Player: "Playing first team football was exactly the reason for me coming here so I'm hoping to get more game time, more experience and to become a better player.

"I spoke to Mr Eriksson about coming to Leicester, he had a lot of confidence in me and that played a big part in my decision to come here.

"Everything here looks very positive - I had my first training session this morning with a quality group of players, so I'm looking forward to being involved tomorrow and seeing how the team does."

Bruma has been issued with the No.12 shirt and is expected to be part of the squad that travels to Pride Park on Saturday evening.

Not seen him play, but on paper a good signing. Only 19 and already a full international for Holland and 10 first team Chelsea games (although I assume they were mostly League Cup) is good going.

He looks a pretty big guy as well (not in the Morrison way, but it only shows his top half...)

0,,10274~9412720,00.jpg

This is how he describes himself

Despite the connection Bruma has with Terry, he himself sees himself more as a Carvalho. “I try to engage myself in the build up as well. I used to be a midfielder, so I love moving forward and push up to the opponent’s box. Ancelotti allows me to do that, but he sometimes has to reign me in. Carvalho has that skill too. A tough as nails defender with a very good pass and vision.”

Seems to fit Sven's philosophy then of having ball playing defenders. Hopefully we don't get caught out with him and Bamba both going forward.

The quote was from quite an interesting story/interview here: http://netherlands.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/jeffrey-bruma-is-on-his-way.html

Says a lot of Dutch fans wanted him in their World Cup squad for 2010

Not sure I like the idea of a center back pushing up to the opponent's box myself. Still, Chelsea fans on 606 describe him as a ball playing center back so you can see why we were interested to bring him in and send Hobbs out on loan.

Chelsea fans on there seem a bit miffed they let him go out as they now only have 3 centerbacks available. Some also saying they'd like to have seen him go to a Premier League club..

He is quite obviously too good for the championship if you go by his pedigree...another coup by Sven I reckon.

Not sure I like the idea of a center back pushing up to the opponent's box myself. Still, Chelsea fans on 606 describe him as a ball playing center back so you can see why we were interested to bring him in and send Hobbs out on loan.

Chelsea fans on there seem a bit miffed they let him go out as they now only have 3 centerbacks available. Some also saying they'd like to have seen him go to a Premier League club..

I do not think that is allowed.

Not sure I like the idea of a center back pushing up to the opponent's box myself.

I do, so long as the rest of our team covers for them and stay disciplined. It adds an unpredictability to our play and centre-backs coming forward are often not tracked by the opposition defence.

Bruma?

brum.jpeg

I don't know how thick Svens little black book is, or how many favours he's calling in, nor do I care, but goodness knows he has an awful lot of clout and is obviously respected throughout the game. I can't think of another manager in the Championship, who could pull off the deals he has since arriving at Leicester and this signing is another example of his stature wihin the game. So hats off to Top and his Dad, because without them we wouldn' have Sven and none of this would be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566