BT Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Anybody having problems with the log in system on their webmail?

It won't keep me logged in when I move away from the page or close the browser. I have to keep typing in my email address and password to check my mails via the web which is a pain in the arse.

I have no problems when using a client, just the web page.

I know recently they've upgraded their security systems, not sure of this will have anything to do with it.

My own privacy settings haven't been changed, and cookies are still working on every other site.

Doin' me head in.

It won't keep me logged in when I move away from the page or close the browser. I have to keep typing in my email address and password to check my mails via the web which is a pain in the arse.

I know recently they've upgraded their security systems, not sure of this will have anything to do with it.

My own privacy settings haven't been changed, and cookies are still working on every other site.

Doin' me head in.

Is it Yahoo or BT that you're having the problem with?

I have a yahoo mail account that I rarely use but I've just logged into it with no problems.
I've navigated away and back to the page without being logged out, but I'm not surprised that closing your browser has logged you out.

Doin' me head in.

It's working as normal for me.

Is it Yahoo or BT that you're having the problem with?

I have a yahoo mail account that I rarely use but I've just logged into it with no problems.
I've navigated away and back to the page without being logged out, but I'm not surprised that closing your browser has logged you out.
I have a BT account (@btinternet.com), but I have to go to BT Yahoo (bt.yahoo.com) for my webmail.

Not just closing my browser, but moving away from the page always logs me out. Closing the browser has never been a problem before.

I have a BT account (@btinternet.com), but I have to go to BT Yahoo (bt.yahoo.com) for my webmail.

I have that too - used to be just bt but then yahoo took over, so if I wish to access it via the net rather than via outlook I have to use a yahoo sign in page.

However it's letting me remain signed in, even if I go away from the page. I think it's personal.

Seems to have been an ie problem. In the end it was telling me I didn't even have permission to access the URL.

I've downloaded Firefox this morning, seems to have fixed the problem.

I've downloaded Firefox this morning, seems to have fixed the problem.

Firefox seems to fix most of IE's problems, I can't believe there are still people using IE nowadays!

I'd still personally use IE7 over Firefox every single time. Don't see the appeal of Firefox at all.

I'd still personally use IE7 over Firefox every single time. Don't see the appeal of Firefox at all.

Security. The integration of the browser so tightly to the operating system has been a constant security headache. Otherwise horses for courses. :102:

Security. The integration of the browser so tightly to the operating system has been a constant security headache. Otherwise horses for courses. :102:

Firefox has it's own set of issues and IMO is no securer than IE anymore.

Firefox has it's own set of issues and IMO is no securer than IE anymore.

It isn't possible to produce an entirely secure browser, IE is inherently less secure than FF on several counts.

That said, the big appeal of FF for me is the huge number of extensions that are available. FF isn't just another browser like IE, it is an entire platform on its own.

It isn't possible to produce an entirely secure browser, IE is inherently less secure than FF on several counts.

That said, the big appeal of FF for me is the huge number of extensions that are available. FF isn't just another browser like IE, it is an entire platform on its own.

thats not what the FF fans used to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570