Budget June 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

This is gonna spank me I reckon.

Raise in VAT to 20%. VAT added to kids clothes. Reducing the threshold for tax credits. Freezing nurses pay. Additional taxes eleswhere. All things that will affect me.

How will it affect you guys?

This is gonna spank me I reckon.

Raise in VAT to 20%. VAT added to kids clothes. Reducing the threshold for tax credits. Freezing nurses pay. Additional taxes eleswhere. All things that will affect me.

How will it affect you guys?

None of the above has been confirmed? although I admit most are likely.

If the Tax Credits situation goes as it's been reported I shall be £400 a month worse off.

At the moment VAT raise will affect me, possibly alcohol tax increase (though I don't buy much). I might benefit from the raise in minimum wage for tax limit as I shall be dropping to 14k a year, i'll also drop out of the student loan repayment bracket so will be better off there. I guess I'll about break even.

VAT up to 20%. I hope anyone who thinks about complaining didnt previously say they didnt notice the difference whaen it went down to 15% briefly :)

VAT up to 20% from 4th Jan 2011

No duty increases on Alcohol, Tobacco or Fuel. 10% duty increase on Cider imposed by labour has been abolished.

Last edited:
VAT up to 20% from 4th Jan 2011

No duty increases on Alcohol, Tobacco or Fuel. 10% duty increase on Cider imposed by labour has been abolished.

Thats the one that is going to hit everyone's pockets :icon_sad: and its from 4 Jan NF I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
So nice to see Nick Clegg sitting there nodding his head at the increase in VAT - this despite his vociferous campaign against such a measure during the run-up to the election

He's such a nice bloke, you know.....

So nice to see Nick Clegg sitting there nodding his head at the increase in VAT - this despite his vociferous campaign against such a measure during the run-up to the election

He looked like Churchill the dog he was nodding that much.

VAT up to 20%. I hope anyone who thinks about complaining didnt previously say they didnt notice the difference whaen it went down to 15% briefly :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember a lot of people taking any notice of the decrease. I'm not sure there was actually any change.

If he stands again in Sheffield, he best be hoping the students dig him out of the shit after the u turn of loan towards the steelworks in Sheffield.

The public pay freeze is going to affect me and it's not going to give me any enthusiasm for staying here any longer after my qualificaitons. That said it all depends on the detail how the media are defining 'public servants' and 'public workers'.

Last edited:
If he stands again in Sheffield, he best be hoping the students dig him out of the shit after the u turn of loan towards the steelworks in Sheffield.

Which we would never ever get back. The decision to loan the money in the first place was ridiculous.

A mate of mines company is struggling at the moment, should we bail him out as well so he can draw a bigger dividend?

Which we would never ever get back. The decision to loan the money in the first place was ridiculous.

A mate of mines company is struggling at the moment, should we bail him out as well so he can draw a bigger dividend?

It wasn't a dig at the decision to pull out but just a remark that whatever this government does, they are going to have work hard to retain the city seats (that's if Labour sort out themselves).

It wasn't a dig at the decision to pull out but just a remark that whatever this government does, they are going to have work hard to retain the city seats (that's if Labour sort out themselves).

:043::043::043::043::043:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570