Burning Pics to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

Im trying to burn all my travelling photos to a DVD, i have all my pics in order in the folder but every time i burn them they come out in a random order.

Im using Sonic and i have a feeling it's a pile of shit because it wont let me change the order of the photos before burning.

They are numbered 1, 1(1), 1(2) etc

Any info on how to make them burn in order greatly appreciated, do i need to download a new burning program?

Im trying to burn all my travelling photos to a DVD, i have all my pics in order in the folder but every time i burn them they come out in a random order.

Im using Sonic and i have a feeling it's a pile of shit because it wont let me change the order of the photos before burning.

They are numbered 1, 1(1), 1(2) etc

Any info on how to make them burn in order greatly appreciated, do i need to download a new burning program?

To be honest lako, I don't understand your numbering system. Obviously the program doesn't either.
Why are you using brackets?

To be honest lako, I don't understand your numbering system. Obviously the program doesn't either.
Why are you using brackets?

The pics are a mix of mine and my mates so the numbers were all very different so i couldn't get the pics in order easily, so i highlighted all the pics and renamed them all at the same time, i clicked the first pic and called it 1, the rest were numbered 1(2) so on. I have 1800 pics and i dont know how to number them from 1-1800 in one go.

Why do they need to be in a particular order?

Because when the DVD is playing i dont want it to skip from New Zealand to slovakia to fiji etc, it makes no sense.

I want it in the order of places visited.

Im trying Movie maker now.

Last edited:
The pics are a mix of mine and my mates so the numbers were all very different so i couldn't get the pics in order easily, so i highlighted all the pics and renamed them all at the same time, i clicked the first pic and called it 1, the rest were numbered 1(2) so on. I have 1800 pics and i dont know how to number them from 1-1800 in one go.

You can't rename them all in one go. You've basically renamed them all to '1' and Windows has added the (2), (3), (4) etc to differentiate between them.

Try creating a load of individual folders e.g. a folder named 'New Zealand', another called 'Slovakia', another called 'Fiji' etc etc.
Then drag & drop the relevant pictures into each folder.
You can then use that directory structure to burn them to DVD.

I have 1800 pics and i dont know how to number them from 1-1800 in one go.
When you fathom it out please include me on the invite list - there's nothing I'd love more than to sit through 1800 of someone's assorted holiday snaps on an evening.

When you fathom it out please include me on the invite list - there's nothing I'd love more than to sit through 1800 of someone's assorted holiday snaps on an evening.

Unfortunatly my parents do.

You can use Irfanview (free from www.irfanview.com) to do a batch rename on all of your files so that you can get them in the right order.

cheers SJN, ended up buying a VGA cable in the end and hooking laptop straight to TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669