Burnley Chairman Makes Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox Fox

From the Burnley OS:

Burnley Chairman Barry Kilby has spoken again of his desire to agree a contract extension with manager Steve Cotterill, following an approach from Leicester City for permission to speak to the Clarets boss.

The Foxes are on the lookout for a new manager after dismissing previous incumbent Craig Levein last week and wanted to speak to Cotterill about the vacant position.

However, Kilby instantly refused permission to the Walkers Stadium outfit and explained: "Leicester came to us and asked if they could approach our manager and we said no, it's as simple as that.

"We aren't prepared to give them permission to speak to Steve because we want to keep him."

It was revealed at the club's Annual General Meeting in late 2005 that negotiations were taking place to extend Cotterill's contract at Turf Moor and Kilby revealed that those talks are still ongoing.

"He's still our manager for another season and a half and we're in the process of negotiating an extension to that contract," he added.

"We have a meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) and there is still a year and a half to go on his current contract."

I think he is basically stating that we are going to have to stump up a lot of compo for the rest of his contract!

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
with the money from the Akinbyi sale, they could offer him a lucrative deal. Shame
How much did they get for ade?

Year and a half probably 1.5x200k, so maybe 300k compo? Not too bad for a manager, also if Burnley wanted to keep him and offer him a new deal they should have let him to talk to us. Remember how upset MON was when we wouldnt let him talk to Leeds, worked against us in the end.

On Radio Lancashire, they have stated that they have been unable to contact the Burnley chairman all day. The Burnley fans seem resigned to losing their manager, some were even ringing and texting in wishing Cotterill luck at Leicester !

As one fan put it the Silence is deafening surely if they were convinced that he was staying then Barry Kilby would have issued a statement saying that, from what I have heard tonight I would expect Cotterill to be installed as our new manager by wednesday.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
... The Burnley fans seem resigned to losing their manager, some were even ringing and texting in wishing Cotterill luck at Leicester !

As one fan put it the Silence is deafening surely if they were convinced that he was staying then Barry Kilby would have issued a statement saying that, from what I have heard tonight I would expect Cotterill to be installed as our new manager by wednesday.

bloody hell. here's hoping

with the money from the Akinbyi sale, they could offer him a lucrative deal. Shame

If he doesn't want to stay and wants to come here then I'd imagine no amount of money Burnley can offer will keep in there.The 'vibes' are that he's had it with burnley and wants 'Out'.

highland fox said:
If he doesn't want to stay and wants to come here then I'd imagine no amount of money Burnley can offer will keep in there.The 'vibes' are that he's had it with burnley and wants 'Out'.

but he could use that as a way to get a more lucrative deal from us. burnley could price us out of this, if he wants to earn big bucks

You haven't given me a single word of credit for not mentioning Kisnorbo today HF. :icon_conf ;)

Oh bugger.:icon_sad:

but he could use that as a way to get a more lucrative deal from us. burnley could price us out of this, if he wants to earn big bucks

It strikes me that Cotterill is totally motivated by money,but you might be right.

alex said:
Perhaps, although that feels a bit harsh!

I actually meant to say that it strikes me that he isn't totally motivated by money...missed the 'not' out:icon_roll

highland fox said:
I actually meant to say that it strikes me that he isn't totally motivated by money...missed the 'not' out:icon_roll

not like me I am totally motivated by money........:icon_razz

highland fox said:
Nah,I enjoy doing all this work for feck all:icon_wink

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

7_15_5v.gif
best motivational tool known to man......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669