Burnley pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are concerns, though. Alan Sheehan is suspended and Gareth McAuley is struggling with groin trouble, as is striker DJ Campbell.

The last two have been in good form and Burrows has to gauge the risk of playing them even with a two-week break looming.

Taken from Blue Army website. :)

There are concerns, though. Alan Sheehan is suspended and Gareth McAuley is struggling with groin trouble, as is striker DJ Campbell.

The last two have been in good form and Burrows has to gauge the risk of playing them even with a two-week break looming.

Taken from Blue Army website. :)

Cheers that confirms my thoughts that we should rest McAuley & go with a flatback 4 today. I don't think we should risk anyone that we're unsure about & Burrows follows a miss 1 play 10 philosophy so 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 is on the cards today.

Is that a personal opinion, or a news item?

DJ sounds fit to face Clarets
DJ Campbell should hand Leicester a fitness boost ahead of Saturday's Championship visit of Burnley, but Gareth McAuley remains a doubt.

Both players suffered groin strains during the Foxes' midweek draw at Preston but while Campbell looks to be over his problem, caretaker boss Frank Burrows will make a late decision on McAuley.

"If it was up to Gareth, then he would play because that is the kind of hard, determined man he is," Burrows told the club's official website.

"But I have a philosophy of miss one and play 10, so if he is not right then he will not play because his long-term health is the most important thing."

Darren Kenton is likely to continue in midfield at the Walkers Stadium, with James Wesolowski (hamstring), Levi Porter (knee) and Stephen Clemence (hamstring) still out

From Team>Talk today. :)

Apparently it depends on which site you visit as to who is fit to play. Weso is in, then he's not, same with Clemence and DJ. I think Burrows said he's going to leave it as late as possible to name the team so I guess at the moment we can only speculate on who is in and who is out. :icon_conf

lets just hope tigana isnt there to see how poor we actually are

Wasn't he supposed to be flying in for final talks today? If he's watching they'll probably play like they did against Chelsea just to impress him. :icon_roll

The last thing we want today is a world beating performance. We want a new Manager, and I don't want it to be Burrows. Milan defo needs to feel like he did after the Colchester game.

Lets hope we play like a bunch of cnuts and then nick a 90th minute winner via an own goal.

I hope Burnley are constantly attacking us with a string of 43 world class saves from Fulop which earns him a full time contract with us.

Milan must act quickly and decisively.

Last edited:
we will lose today.

i wont make it to the game today, its New years day :) (Hindu Calander)

i wont make it to the game today, its New years day :) (Hindu Calander)
Why can't you go?

Is there certain protocol you need to follow, parties arranged?, sacred day etc?

Just curious Spanky, not taking the piss.

Why can't you go?

Is there certain protocol you need to follow, parties arranged?, sacred day etc?

Just curious Spanky, not taking the piss.

its cool melts, i have to go to see my family around leicester and then they are going to come round, it more of a family gathering, and then in the evening pour a few pints and make the most of New Years Day (Indian Calander)

its cool melts, i have to go to see my family around leicester and then they are going to come round, it more of a family gathering, and then in the evening pour a few pints and make the most of New Years Day (Indian Calander)
I was discussing this with somebody in London on Thursday. He is a Hindu, and he was telling me that he sees the British family life falling to pieces, and he was telling me just how strong the bond is between family members of the Hindu religion.

I was debating with him whether this is an Hindu thing, or just simply an Indian thing, or indeed an Asian thing as opposed to a religious thing, of which he wasn't sure.

What's the relevance of April 14th then, I thought this was the Hindu New Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669