Burrows, Grayson / A N Other & Taggart

Status
Not open for further replies.

bald reynard

Has anyone given any consideration to the wisdom of employing Frank Burrows as Director of Football, 'Larry' Grayson (or similar young / inexperienced Coach) as Manager and Taggs as Coach ?
I think it could work - would not cost MM 'the earth' (only one new appointment) and make the best use of 'old Franks' knowledge and the talents / enthusiasm of the younger guys.

Has anyone given any consideration to the wisdom of employing Frank Burrows as Director of Football, 'Larry' Grayson (or similar young / inexperienced Coach) as Manager and Taggs as Coach ?
I think it could work - would not cost MM 'the earth' (only one new appointment) and make the best use of 'old Franks' knowledge and the talents / enthusiasm of the younger guys.

Yes, I've considered it.. and I'm sure many others have too

Yep, I think thats a really good idea. Burrows would complement someone like Grayson - and add a bit of experience.
I hope Mandy sees this post :038:.

Last edited:
I like Burrows, great moustache - fact

ymca.gif

I'm bored of all this. Just give me the fecking job and it will be sorted damn quick

I dont think Burrows is the right choice for DOF but i wouldnt mind letting him have another couple of games in charge to see how he does,Then depending on the results offer him the job or not.
The idea of a director of football is to be able to attract quality players to the club and i dont feel that FB could do that.
Would like to see him do well though cos i think his interviews are quality.
Why not try and get Vialli or Evans or George Graham got to be better options than Joe Royal.

I think they should keep burrows because of his flat cap, it's a bit like having Andy Capp (but with a tash) on the touch line.

Only thing that worries me about Burrows is that he's a bit old school in his tactics etc, which will be exploited.

I'm liking the idea of Souness more and more, but I smelt a ginger man round the corner 6 weeks ago and I smell a fat, northern, ex man city pie muncher round the corner this time.

I'm bored of all this. Just give me the fecking job and it will be sorted damn quick

BG - have you applied? May seem a silly question, but I applied for the job when MA was sacked. I was convinced that I could do a better job than any of the managers being spoken about, and in the end my rejection letter (nice and polite from Tim Davies) arrived the day after Levein was appointed - surely indicating that I was in the final few for the position?!

Get your application in!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673