Post Match Burton 0 Leicester 2 EFL Cup

The passing around the back line felt like Bodgers was back. Around the 75th minute we had 31 passes to each other and the ball never left our half! Carry on like this and the opposition will be bored into submission.

With 75% possession, need to do better with only 3 shots on target.
As much as we were "in complete control" for the whole match, the entire second half was the most boring I can remember.
Still, two cracking goals, job done, on to Tranmere.

I often feel like that when watching Man City games.
Who are usually winning

If we play this stuff when losing I can guarantee the crowd will not be supportive.

Who are usually winning

If we play this stuff when losing I can guarantee the crowd will not be supportive.
Yes I get that and obviously some of their games are competitive and they can be brilliant to watch.

It also obviously feels different watching the team I support, compared to a team I don’t support, but I was just making the point that that style of football, when winning comfortably, can often result in a bit of a dull spectacle (more so for the neutral fan).

It was a glorified pre-season so it was always going to be a bit of a bore if we were comfortably ahead.

It's also going to be a very long season so if we can still win games without the players having to empty the tank then even better.

Despite the opposition there were loads of great signs.

Winks and Nacho were a class above anyone else on the pitch. Justin was also extremely good and looked very athletic. I also thought Faes and Doyle were very good. Two decent goals to boot and it was a good night.

Praet was, well, Praet. A bit shit. He's had one of his decent 15 minite spells this season, it'll be a while before another one I guess.

I'm not criticising last night as it was what it was but I already know that watching City under EM is going to be feast or famine.

There are moments of excellence where it clicks but mostly large periods of utter monotony.
I think this is spot on. It's not going to be exciting football most of the time but it could be very effective.

Guess we'll see how it all unfolds.

I'm not criticising last night as it was what it was but I already know that watching City under EM is going to be feast or famine.
Feast or famine kind of described football in general though, doesn't it?

What is it?

Not available in the UK.
What it is is highlights from Brin Dpirts.

Bein Sports is $14.99 a month. That's about 8 quid. For that you get every single championship match live, plus caraboa cup.

There are moments of excellence where it clicks but mostly large periods of utter monotony.
Fascinating stuff - we'll win some games and some we won't....

I enjoyed it and was really impressed with our ability to keep the ball. There is absolutely no way that some of those players would have been able to do that under Rodgers. For me we now how 2-3 positions which are crucial to our season...

1. Centre back (though let's assume Coady will be great here).
2. Attacking midfield (let's hope Casadei is what we need here)
3. Striker (if Iheanacho stays then we should fine here)

I just saw it as more practice to play out effectively from the back. All our goalkeepers and defenders need to get comfortable doing it and the more they play it, the better and more confident they will be.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463