Post Match Burton 1 - 3 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

1st half was poor, no creativity from midfield at all, 2nd half was better.

Wes Morgan was easily man of the match for me, he's a man mountain and didn't put a foot or head wrong last night.

Waghorn looked super shit, tried way too hard and ended up fouling everyone within 2 miles of the ground in an effort to impress. The Shlupmeister played well and his finish for the first goal was excellent (the 1st time we decided to pass along the ground in the 1st half)

Danns was solid, as was Drinkwater, this is the problem with our central midfield.

Gally was hopeless for the majority of the game, his corners were a shootable offence and actually offended me considering he must actually practice them. His ball in for the 2nd goal was actually very good, albeit after fluffing his initial ball in (Holy shit Lloyd scored with his head, a martian scoring with his rock like head)

Beckford worked hard during his time on the pitch and came close, Nugent was very lively when he came on and really looked to be enjoying himself, the main plaudits for the forward line however, have to go to Vardy. All the enthusiasm of Waggy but with the ability and brain to pull it off, he's rapid, has a good touch and isn't afraid to get himself involved, I have a very good feeling about this lad.

Was a tad disappointed not to see anything of Matty James as I am hoping to god he can be the creative central midfielder we otherwise lack.

Overall a good evening, the fans were in good spirit and the food was well priced, beer wasn't too bad either.

Nice summary would have loved to have been there.

When you mention Dans and Drinkwater solid but this is the problem with the central midfield. Did you mean they were solid but not creative enough?

Nice summary would have loved to have been there.

When you mention Dans and Drinkwater solid but this is the problem with the central midfield. Did you mean they were solid but not creative enough?

Yes sorry, just a bit one dimensional, not sure if it's because we bypassed them quite a bit.

They both worked hard though and DD did spray a few good balls around to be fair.

Nice little write up, cheers.

No worries.

Didn't realise the new winger was there, bet he loved the £2.30 faggot and peas.

So what is it that N.P sees in gally, and once again waghorn just isnt doing it .

Might have something to do with trying to get his whole squad fit for the start of the season perhaps? Friendly line-ups mean nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566