Post Match Bury 2 Leicester 4 (Carling Cup Rd2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goals just been on SSN too. Bury's first was a bit of a scramble but all the others were of good quality. Some great finishing on show from us. Fantastic free kick from Bury for their, didn't look like Weale could do too much about either of theirs.

Goals just been on SSN. Danns looked offside

Weale has every right to be annoyed with his wall, but spanking goals from Dyer and Danns

I think it is excellent to use squad rotation this way. Sven is lucky that for each position his number two choice is nearly as good as his number one choice. Keeps the players competitive. I still expect the first choice back four will be Pantsil - Mills - Bamba - Konchesky and the front two will be Nugent - Vassell. It is who plays the midfield that is the hard choice for Sven. I think he should go for the best players irrespective of formation. I would start Gallagher - Fernandes - Wellens - Danns. Then bring on Dyer for Gallagher and King for one of the other three to keep the pace up in the second half. I am concerned that we seem to run out of steam at about 70 mins. Have they gone soft on the fitness training.

Stats from BBC:

BURY : LEICESTER

Possession
Bury 45% Leicester 55%

Attempts on target
Bury 6 Leicester 9

Attempts off target
Bury 3 Leicester 7

Corners
Bury 2 Leicester 7

Fouls
Bury 8 Leicester 10

Great stuff, can only be good for team/squad morale. Just hope it doesn't mean too much chopping and changing Saturday

I think it is excellent to use squad rotation this way. Sven is lucky that for each position his number two choice is nearly as good as his number one choice. Keeps the players competitive. I still expect the first choice back four will be Pantsil - Mills - Bamba - Konchesky and the front two will be Nugent - Vassell. It is who plays the midfield that is the hard choice for Sven. I think he should go for the best players irrespective of formation. I would start Gallagher - Fernandes - Wellens - Danns. Then bring on Dyer for Gallagher and King for one of the other three to keep the pace up in the second half. I am concerned that we seem to run out of steam at about 70 mins. Have they gone soft on the fitness training.

Didn't we fight back and score our 3rd and 4th after 70 mins tonight?

Sven on Waggy....

He wants to leave, he's looking for a club. He told them 3-4 weeks ago he wanted to leave, but Sven had told him no. But, for his own good he needs games, and he's getting frustrated and angry.

"Loan or sale?" Sven says he doesn't know, but he needs regular games.

Refuses to be drawn on any deal for incoming striker.

Sven on Waggy....

He wants to leave, he's looking for a club. He told them 3-4 weeks ago he wanted to leave, but Sven had told him no. But, for his own good he needs games, and he's getting frustrated and angry.

Maynard then..................................I hope

Well done lads, good result.

Now for Mr Misery.
Stating the bleedin obvious, but isnt this the 4th consecutive game where we have conceded 2 goals ? Sure makes things tough when you are conceding at that rate and dont have the likes of Messi and co in your team.

Tonight matters little if the team dosent make a statement against Southampton on Satdee.

Defence is still a worry.

Sorry for not towing the party line. Tin hat in place

Sven on Waggy....

Well it is not Sven's fault Waggy is crap./ Put him out on loan. If he learns how to play the game a bit better, like Gradel did, we will still have a resale value for him, rather than just selling him at a big loss at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669