Pre Match Bury away League cup round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

I am going to start the thread come on blue boys, definitely would like to see a number of the first team rested and fringe players used. My team would be

Smith

Pantsil
St Ledger
Ball
Berner

Oakley
Abe
Johnson

Gallagher
Schlupp
Dyer

Lovely

id rest 4 or 5 "first teamers (Saturday was our first team), id play the same team formation and instill that philosophy throughout the squad. Bury have been doing ok (but so had Rotherham) , expecting 1 -3 win (Shlupp 2 Dyer), hopefully no injuries (especially to first teamers if selected), another much needed 90 mins for Johnson (i still think if he can recapture previous form he will be our "star")

id play the same team formation and instill that philosophy throughout the squad. another much needed 90 mins for Johnson (i still think if he can recapture previous form he will be our "star")

I do actually agree with all this.

Think it's important, where possible, to try and stick with the same system when changing players, so if they're brought on as a sub or anything then hopefully they are familiar with the role and what's expected of them.

I think

Weale

Peltier
St Ledger
Mills
Ball

Abe
Johnson
Wellens (or Moussa?)

Gallagher

Waghorn
Schlupp

Smith

Pantsil
St.Ledger
Ball
Berner?

Abe
Fernandes
Johnson

Gallagher
Schlupp
Dyer

I do actually agree with all this.

Think it's important, where possible, to try and stick with the same system when changing players, so if they're brought on as a sub or anything then hopefully they are familiar with the role and what's expected of them.

I think

Weale

Peltier
St Ledger
Mills
Ball

Abe
Johnson
Wellens (or Moussa?)

Gallagher

Waghorn
Schlupp

I know it is only the league cup, but please, please no Waghorn until someone teaches him how to spot players in blue shirts and pass to them and how to take a free kick or corner and beat the first defender without putting it in row Z.

Have to play Waghorn for me, and Schlupp, for match practice if nothing more. If Nugent or Vassell are out, they may be our only options with Howard away soon.

I would not imagine Sven will drop Schlupp for the cup games after his exploits in the last round.

Have to play Waghorn for me, and Schlupp, for match practice if nothing more. If Nugent or Vassell are out, they may be our only options with Howard away soon.

If you believe the rumours on Twitter,Waghorn has been told he can leave.

If you believe the rumours on Twitter,Waghorn has been told he can leave.

Normally when players are 'told they can leave', the suggestion is that they can sign for another club without a fee being payable. I can't imagine that even very rich Thai would be happy to completely write off the £2M he cost us, so I would have some doubts about this.

Might as well start Weale, I agree that sending the academy lads out on loan when they are good and ready is probably the best idea for their personal development and probably for us too. Weale may be crap, but he has shown ability at times, playing him in this game might give him some confidence if he gets a clean sheet or makes a few good saves and that can only be good for us if we need to call on him again in the league.

My understanding is that he's been told he can talk to other clubs, not that he can leave. A fee would be involved.

Last edited:
He should NEVER play for us again. He is a USELESS footballer.
We can only hope these rumours are true.
He's certainly not useless, just seems to have lost his way a bit.
With the progress young Jeff has made, and with Sven on the lookout (still) for a striker, maybe it's best for all that he moves on.

With age still on his side, why not loan him out to a lower league club. Score a few goals, get his confidence back.
Alternatively, get some money whilst the memory of what he is capable of is still fresh in the mind.

Weale

Peltier St. Ledger Mills Ball

Oakley Johnson

Gallagher Vassell Schlupp Dyer

Subs: Smith, Moussa, Danns, Abe, Pantsil, Waghorn, Berner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590