Bye Bye Benjamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitcho_uk

The word on the street is that CL has told Trevor Benjamin that his services are no longer required at the club. A move was created for benjamin to join Peter Taylor at Hull however the deal collapsed. Benjamin is now on loan at Northampton until a buyer can be found.

Does anyone have any news on this. I have not seen it announced anywhere that he has been released i have only seen the loan news. His name has gone from the LCFC website though

This news is now a week old and he has since scored for Northampton.

He is there until the end of the season and then his contract will be up with us.

Goodbye benji. :(

Yeah the rumour was that he had his contract paid up, which I wasn't sure about, but he's now been taken off the squad page on the OS, whereas Blake is still on there.

I still think Benji was better than any one else to partner Connolly, but we have De Vries now anyway, so hopefully we don't need Trev ;)

Blake is alot worse than Benji in my eyes, but neither of them can be classed as footballers to be honest, in a way im glad Trev's gone, but i wish him all the best, i have some memories of him....falling over and missing sitters but he has scored a few important goals when we were promoted and he always gave his all, despite his all being shit. :)

All the best big man.

Who is worse? Says it all really.

Blake has almost 100 more goals in his career than Benji. Most of Blake's were scored at a higher level than Benji's It will be tough for the Benj to catch Blakes goal tally before he retires unless he stays in the lower leagues but good luck to him.

The ideal pairing would have been the 2 together :?

We love you Trevor Benjamin, we do.
Oh, Trevor Benjamin we love you!

Well it looks like the end of an era. I can remember at first I hated the guy's guts, but he became a big part of our promotion season, and a lot of City fans took him to heart. I for one will miss the big man.......I feel sad and I am about to cry :cry:

We love you big man.......gone but never forgotten.

That sounded more like an obituary than anything :shock:

Listen to yourselves lads and lasses. You'd think we'd lost a great player. Yes he tried but how often did he try our patience?
18 months ago he was lambasted from pillar to post and couldn't do anything right.
Last time out at the Walkers he was hero worshipped, not because he is a brill footballer but because he tries. Is this what we have lowered ourselves too? Get a grip...........
However, I do wish him well at the cobblers. :wink:

Xsub, you have hit the nail oh the head. Trev has gone from donkey to hero in 18 months, not because he can play football. but because he tries hard. It says something about the rest.

Couldnt agree more with the last 2 posts. 100% effort 0% talent. Certainly no legend.

I think Blake was beginning to look quite sharp, he had regained his fitness and was, in my opinion, ready for a place up top with DC, we had all the shit then just as he was improving we lend him to a rival club, BAD business, with regards BIG Trev, we are currently negotiating a deal to pay off his contract !

Benji was almost the worst player that Taylor signed but atleast he gave it ago and tried! It's more than what the other players were doing but I for 1 wasn't sad he went!

But good luck to the bloke I say! :D

No way the worst player, i feel he is alot better than Ade and Junior Lewis and Lee Marshall.

I agree, 100% effort 0% talent but them others i mentioned were 0% both.

To be quite honest with you i really don't think we'll miss him maybe he tried every now and again but never really did anything last 2 seasons he has hardly played a part in our team and was surplus to requirement so it's not a big loss at all just a cut in our wage budget

There is no doubting Tricky's commitment and effort whilst he was at Leicester, but from a pure ability angle he was terrible.

IMO now he has moved down to league 2 he is probably playing at his level and will be a good player in that division and possibly even in league 1 he would be a handful. But for us nowhere near good enough especially on the wages he was being paid. It is good to see CL making these decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669