bygone leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
leicester_til_i_die said:
for me, Leicester Vs Crystal Palace play off final, Leicester Vs Sunderland when collymore got his hattrick, away to red star belgrade, home to madrid, away at pompy the season before last, away at blackburn when we lost 5-3 being 5-0 down at half time then pulling it back, the last game at filbo. coca-cola semi final at wimbeldon, i could go on!

Have to go with the play-off final ... what a wonderful day and what drama.
But also Leicester City versus Manchester United one Wednesday night in pre-history. City conceded a 'goal' that was disallowed and then went on to give Law, Best, Charlton and all a six-goal thrashing that could easily have been 10.
David Gibson (still the most creative British midfielder I ever saw), Mike Stringfellow the famous McLintock, King, Appleton half-back line were among the heroes at the time and we were one of the few teams ever likely to beat what was then a great Liverpool side and, indeed, anyone else who fancied their chances. I know ... it were all fields then...!!!

I can relate to all the games mentioned (apart from Tony's!!) as they were all special in their own way. One game I'd like to add is the home game against Wolves 1983. We'd already beaten them 3 -0 at the moulinex. With the help of Gerry Daly we whopped (!) 'em 5 -0. Placards everywhere saying "don't go Gerry" "please sign". First time I'd seen such support from the fans. 8)
PS. B#gger never signed :wink:

in recent seasons my most memorable game by far was last season when we hammered the dirty leeds 4-0 with lilian nalis wonder goal off of his shin :lol: nalis, dickov n scowcroft all played blinders in tht match our best performance in wat was a dismal season 4 us...keep the faith!

I was at that Liverpool match,never seen so many home fans leave so early before the end.

Have to say some great matches recalled by the forum.Suprised nobody mentioned a certain game against the mighty liverpool in 1981.Having beaten the reds 2-0 at filbo earlier in the season ,city who were bottom of the league went to anfield and promptly ended the reds 85 game unbeaten home record(lasting 3 years).We were also the first team to do the double over them for 6 years . A week earlier we lost to 3rd division exeter in the f.a.cup.You couldn't write it.Great memories.

a lot of the games have been mentioned,but there was 1 game where i was shaking + a shiver down my spine and we LOST. that game was the 4-3 defeat to swindon in the play off final. unbelievable match

My favourite matches are as follows :

Leicester vs Liverpool at Filbo 1980 I think, we won and Andy Peake scored an absolute cracker Legend.

All the play off finals - hard to seperate beating the sheep and Palace for differing reasons.

Coca Cola Semi final vs Wimbledon for sheer pressure it was a nightmare this was when we took over the mantle as the new crazy gang - memeorable night.

Coca Cola Final at Wembley vs Boro - was amazing to see City in a major showpiece final with a minute to go I have to admit a tear was in my eye then Heskey scores and its tears of joy.

Above Replay to nullify Juhninho for 240 minutes was superb tactics by MON and equally well executed by Kaamark then Claridge pops up with an historical goal amazing feeling we had won a major trophy and in europe most amazing emotions.

Promotion season at home vs Brighton not a fantastic game but the result meant everything to everybody after the awful fears of administration.

Next memeorable moment hopefully May 2005 promoted back to the premiership......heres hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566