C&G season over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Well looks like our C&G season is over now after another rubbish batting performance. Terrible injury problems for the game though but it seems to me that we are resting Broad and Asif for the Championship. We at least have a bit of strength in depth in that area this year.

We may as well play a youth team since we can't qualify. Snape the captain should play as well as Mongia, seeing as one of the reasons he is here is to impress the Indian selectors.

Maunders
Harrison
Sadler
Mongia
Rosenberg
New
Snape
Allenby
Broad
Cummins
Liddle

Although it would probably get thrashed in most games :(

I see your point but one-day cricket is a lot about momentum and with the 40 overleague following the C&G we need to get in the winning habit.

Thought it was interesting that in the absence of Snape, Mongia was captain on Sunday. Suggests to me that Maddy just isn't interested in the gig?

Glyn, you are a Cricket whizz. I was wondering today while watching that shower of shite on the telly. When was the last time an English Test opener carried his bat?

Competition is a joke this year. They should revert back to the knock out format for next year.

Melton Fox said:
Glyn, you are a Cricket whizz. I was wondering today while watching that shower of shite on the telly. When was the last time an English Test opener carried his bat?

I think Athers was the last one a few seasons ago, but can't remember the opponents at the moment (in NZ I think?). I'll check Wisden....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00