CAN ADAMS GO ON?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

as you all seen at the end of the game,adams has mixed backing from the fans.can he really go on, as i doubt he can win them over unless he makes big changes at the club.

Win the next 3 games and he'll proberly stay till at least christmas, lose them and he'll be out before he can say "My goose is cooked"

I think time is starting to slip away for MA there was a definate swing against him at yesterdays match. Another poor performance, disappointing result and an even more bizarre substitution. Cant see him turning this situation around, and he seems to becoming increasingly desperate and making knee jerk reactions and compounding the problems.

The longer the board leave it, the worst the situation will be, they should have got rid of him 5 games ago.

we are within striking distance of the top of this division. what would be achieved by ditching MA? ok, he's bought some crap, told the players to play crap, been crap, but we're not man utd. lets make do with for this season and see where we stand?

MKFox said:
we are within striking distance of the top of this division. what would be achieved by ditching MA? ok, he's bought some crap, told the players to play crap, been crap, but we're not man utd. lets make do with for this season and see where we stand?

I agree with you there! Who do you expect top come in if he does go?
All this Strachan talk is just talk...I reckon he's waiting for Celtic. We are not exactly an attractive prospect at the moment are we?
Yes everyone's getting frustrated and the team and MA have made mistakes the fans haven't exactly helped at home if we're throwing blame about. We are FAR from being Man Utd or anyone else who can actually splash a bit of cash around and I suspect we still have the highest wage bill in this division. Ok so we probably won't get promotion although it's far from impossible but maybe we need another season here to consolidate. Give Adams till the end of the season...just maybe it will all turn around.

Vixen said:
MKFox said:

I agree with you there! Who do you expect top come in if he does go?
All this Strachan talk is just talk...I reckon he's waiting for Celtic. We are not exactly an attractive prospect at the moment are we?
Yes everyone's getting frustrated and the team and MA have made mistakes the fans haven't exactly helped at home if we're throwing blame about. We are FAR from being Man Utd or anyone else who can actually splash a bit of cash around and I suspect we still have the highest wage bill in this division. Ok so we probably won't get promotion although it's far from impossible but maybe we need another season here to consolidate. Give Adams till the end of the season...just maybe it will all turn around.

Just like Forest? Or derby? Or Ipswich? Or Bradford? Or any number of clubs?

I don't think we can waste time - soon enough the money runs out in this division and when it does the players will be the first to go - which is why it is imperitive that we return to the top ASAP! We all know we have the sqaud, some said they hadn't geled.

bluefox said:
Gary Mac. Apparantley his wife is getting better and he is looking to return to football :lol:

great!! so we swap a proven manager for someone who i doubt has even managed for a whole season and has absolutly no track record whatsoever.

Babylon said:
bluefox said:
Gary Mac. Apparantley his wife is getting better and he is looking to return to football :lol:

great!! so we swap a proven manager for someone who i doubt has even managed for a whole season and has absolutly no track record whatsoever.

I suspect that is right. We have a dilemna. Adams is a manager who IMO is not good enough for our aspirations. Unfortunately, we are unlikely to attract an applicant who is better. Gary MacAlister did nothing special in his last job. It's possible we could attract Mike Newell - but he is unproven.
As MK says we are in reach of the play off spots & given the players at his disposal even Adams might be able to reach that position.

But there is no way he is good enough for the Prem and I would like to see him go at the end of the season irrespective.

I'm not sure it's really about attracting a manager that's 'better', we need someone new in who can change things around, look at the way we play differently, look at the players differently. At the moment we seem to be just stuck in a rut with no way out.

Leigh said:
I'm not sure it's really about attracting a manager that's 'better', we need someone new in who can change things around, look at the way we play differently, look at the players differently. At the moment we seem to be just stuck in a rut with no way out.

Absolutely right. But by the time Adams walks away &/or recognising that we have a completely non-proactive board whose business plan presumably does not take account of paying off MA,DB and AC then in practical terms it feels like we are stuck with Micky till the end of the season when more opportunities may arise regarding repacements and the new manager who at least would have some flexibility with the end of the last batch of the PT ludicrous contracts.

This means a pretty frustrating season with a manager who has probably has simply lost it in terms of judgement off and on the field.

Blue Army!

I'm not sure I agree that Strachan is beyond us, but in any event there are plenty of good candidates out there, such as Paul Jewell, Mike Newell, Gary Megson (maybe soon), Ian Dowie (ditto), and the yet-to-be-tried-but-why-not? Martin Keown / Tony Adams pairing, just to name a few.

Wouldn't any of them at least promise some half decent footy to watch? I can't remeber watching footy as bad as Adams serves up week in, week out in 40 years of watching us ( and yes, that includes Taylor and McLintock's teams, both poorer managers for us than Adams IMO). And that's why I'll be staying at home tonight, missing a home first team game that's not on telly, with no work or family excuse, for the first time since 1985.

Adams out!

Why do people keep mentioning Strachan? What has he done other than spend shit loads at C*v that Adams hasn't?

Strachan - Nope, he'll take the Scotland job soon..
McAllister - Nope, no good.
Newell - Maybe
Megson - No improvement on Adams
Jewell - No way he'd leave Wigan, the best side in this league by many peoples' reckoning, to come here.
Keown/Adams pairing? - Oh my god.
Dowie - Oh yeah, Palace will sack him for sure won't they? :shock:

Come on....

The way I feel about ma any manager would be an improvment.
I would like to see strachan at city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670