Can not believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

Im not one for starting threads, and believe it or not this isn't strictly about the blackpool game.

I seriously cannot believe that we have signed 12 players yet we still have to play newton on the left and wesolowski on the right. In my eyes it is a ****ing joke. The lad hayes did well when he came on, however why did the lad not start a game or very few for MK dons, but he is looking like the best we have here.

This needs to be addressed ASAP as we looked narrow and un creative in the channels today, maybe not so bad if your central core is playing to it's full capcity but it wasnt.

Advert

Wanted (needed severly) some wide players, please.

Last edited:

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
And some forwards please.

MDV, Hume and DJ today suffered from the old familiar Barn Door Disease (Cowsarsius banjos)

Rubbish

Brauny Blue

Advert

Wanted (needed severly) some wide players, please.

We need some quality. So far with the odd exception MA has increased the squad from around 25 shite players to 35. A large number of those players should only be cover for a good basic 1st 11 players. We have the numbers for a squad, but barely half a team thats worthy of the shirt.

Scotfox

Having watched the Kilmarnoch game this result does not come as a suprise, that day we were awful, and it was obviuos that, much still needs to be done if we are to be contenders in this tough league. But no toys out of the pram yet, there's a long long way to go, so lets keep things in perspective.

Brenfox1

One of the main problems & i have thought this all along is that both Hume & MDV are what i would call support strikers. Neither are going to be converting a good ratio of chances.

Lako42

I agree with keeping things in perspective, the fact still remains that we dont have any quality in the wings.

muzzy magic

Is it just me or does Newton remind anyone of Amdy Impy? Lazy, out of position and just looks like he can't be arsed

Steven

Is it just me or does Newton remind anyone of Amdy Impy? Lazy, out of position and just looks like he can't be arsed

Stop the Impy bashing. :018: :018: :018: Try Curtis as a target. ;)

Granite Fox

Very disappointed, but not surprised sitting here in Dubai airport. I turned on my phone with trepidation - I had a bad feeling today may not go well, but I was still hoping for a point.

It will take a bit of time to get things right.

Redditch Fox

Very disappointed, but not surprised sitting here in Dubai airport. I turned on my phone with trepidation - I had a bad feeling today may not go well, but I was still hoping for a point.

It will take a bit of time to get things right.

As you would expect there has been a massive over-reaction to this defeat brought on by the hype in the close season and fans wanting to believe what they want to believe.

Most teams where there is a big turnover of players in close season experience initial difficulties and the great probability is that things will improve. The first win will also be greeted by a massive over-reaction and similiar unrealism.

My gut feeling is that the truth is that a lot of players that have been brought in aren't that much better than those they replaced or those still lingering plus it appears fairly obvious that some downright bad mistakes have been made - and the scapegoats identified and their jobs deleted. For instance another dodgy keeper to supplement a crop of dodgy keepers and a midfielder playing as an amateur hailed as a special talent.

But a bottom line is that Milan has kept to his word and invested heavily and he deserves some results. Unfortunately it's tough bringing in quality to a club which has had such low standards in recent seasons.

I would hope that the more sensible supporters realise that there is no big fix - and it's medium to long term improvement that should be the goal. Personally, I don't think that Martin Allen was the best available candidate to undertake this task, but he is the manager and has to be supported on that basis.

LCFC 4 life

Another day MDV would have scored 2 great goals and we would be praising him. I know he didnt win many headers but give the ball 2 his feetg and he is as good as anyone in the team.

Also there is a general feeling that Hume is beyond critism because he closes defenders down and runs around alot. He made no impact in the match at all

spionfox

Also there is a general feeling that Hume is beyond critism because he closes defenders down and runs around alot.

Robbie Savage used to do that for us - it's called 'Headless Chicken Syndrome'. Sav was adored for it. Adi Akinbadbye used to do it to some extent and was castigated in the main. Dickov too.

Oh, we've always loved a trier here, even if they don't always get results.

LCFC 4 life

Robbie Savage used to do that for us - it's called 'Headless Chicken Syndrome'. Sav was adored for it. Adi Akinbadbye used to do it to some extent and was castigated in the main. Dickov too.

Oh, we've always loved a trier here, even if they don't always get results.

It was savages job to win the ball in midfield and Dickov got 20+ goals when we were in the old Div 1, when we were in the prem i think most fans accepted he wasnt gonna score that many and we liked his effort in a struggling team.

Now we are in the championship i want a stricker that will score 20 goals and not just chase the opposition defence for no reason. On saturday he did nothing but came out the game with praise because he closed a couple of defenders down.

P.S ive blocked out all memory of the Akinbiyi years pease dont bring up painful memorys:icon_cry:

Dour

Another day MDV would have scored 2 great goals and we would be praising him. I know he didnt win many headers but give the ball 2 his feetg and he is as good as anyone in the team.

Also there is a general feeling that Hume is beyond critism because he closes defenders down and runs around alot. He made no impact in the match at all

I thought MDV was getting annoyed with Hume. Not just for when he teed up Hume and he blasted it into his nads but when he was winning flick-ons and Hume had wandered off elsewhere.

OldGit

I thought MDV was getting annoyed with Hume. Not just for when he teed up Hume and he blasted it into his nads but when he was winning flick-ons and Hume had wandered off elsewhere.

He was. Hume does not seem to have that instinct that Dickov had to be on the way to collect the ball before the flick from the big man. He is usually one or two defenders away waiting to see what happens. DJ looks a far better partner in that respect.

LCFC 4 life

He was. Hume does not seem to have that instinct that Dickov had to be on the way to collect the ball before the flick from the big man. He is usually one or two defenders away waiting to see what happens. DJ looks a far better partner in that respect.

Hume isnt a out and out stricker he is a link up man. He should either play behind our main stricker DJ or not at all.

sparky79

for me, i don't think Allen got the chance to put out his first choice side on saturday and we were unlucky not to start off with a draw against a side who have got into the winnint habit but won't do well this season.

Kaebi is a starter with serious pace and good touch on the right if all is to be believed.
He's after Riordan who is a quality left winger with an eye for goal and pace.

that will give us much more of a threat out wide and should mean more penetration for the team as a whole.

this is not to mention Kisnorbo back to central defence and the potential signings of Murphy or JFH.

Rome wasnt built in a day, and teams like Palace, Sunderland, Derby, Watford didn't start well, but ended up having really good seasons.

let's not shoot them down before we've got our best team in place, which takes more than one league game (a lot more) in O'Neills case it took him 3 months to get a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669