Can someone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth11

Hello

I'm a city fan through and through, but mainly I'm a football fan. I don't follow the foxes as much as you guys but I do keep an eye out for the results every week and I watch whenever they're on tv.

I'm a bit confused though - when I saw how badly we've been doing lately, I expected to see a flourish of transfer activity at the beginning of january and so far there's been just one player in (unproven at this level and very young) and not even a sniff of a decent rumour of more. Why is this? Surely they can see that the players we have are not doing the job for us and that something needs to happen to shake things up a bit? I realise that money is tight, but I would have thought that some players would be available for coming to us on loan? I know we're not in a great position to lure players, but there must be some of the more experienced players out there who are not getting first team football who would like some?

Please can someone enlighten me, if they can, as to why we haven't done anything more in January to help us out of this mess? Those people who are pro CL must have some decent answers for me....

Thanks
Ruth

fcukcov

hi again ruth, dont think anyone has the real answers, certainly not mr levein. Many of the questions posed by you are the ones we are all asking.

Brauny Blue

ruth11 said:
Hello

I'm a city fan through and through, but mainly I'm a football fan. I don't follow the foxes as much as you guys but I do keep an eye out for the results every week and I watch whenever they're on tv.

I'm a bit confused though - when I saw how badly we've been doing lately, I expected to see a flourish of transfer activity at the beginning of january and so far there's been just one player in (unproven at this level and very young) and not even a sniff of a decent rumour of more. Why is this? Surely they can see that the players we have are not doing the job for us and that something needs to happen to shake things up a bit? I realise that money is tight, but I would have thought that some players would be available for coming to us on loan? I know we're not in a great position to lure players, but there must be some of the more experienced players out there who are not getting first team football who would like some?

Please can someone enlighten me, if they can, as to why we haven't done anything more in January to help us out of this mess? Those people who are pro CL must have some decent answers for me....

Thanks
Ruth

Not sure city and football should be mentioned in the same sentence at the mo:icon_conf . Maybe we've got better players than we give them credit for, but our manager seems to have destroyed the confidence in them with his inept tactics. I don't believe there will be any more signings, i think CL is quite stubborn and thinks he can turn things round with the players we've already got.

fcukcov

Brauny Blue said:
Not sure city and football should be mentioned in the same sentence at the mo:icon_conf . Maybe we've got better players than we give them credit for, but our manager seems to have destroyed the confidence in them with his inept tactics. I don't believe there will be any more signings, i think CL is quite stubborn and thinks he can turn things round with the players we've already got.
i think its more denial than stubborness.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Levein spent the majority of the cash before January.

Our actual budget for players is amongst the highest in the division.

MKFox

Duzza said:
Levein spent the majority of the cash before January.

Our actual budget for players is amongst the highest in the division.
And I saw our agents fees were second only to Leeds in our division...

Boy Genius

Banned
We have got to off load before we can buy. We blew all the allocated money for January on Fryatt....:icon_cry:

ruth11

Hmmm. Seems like nobody knows the answer to this really, so that makes me feel a bit better!
Not about our plight, but that I'm not being as thick as I thought I was!
:icon_wink

PFKAKTF FOX

I would imagine that under the circumstances it would be highly unlikely the board would be sanctioning too much movement in or out of the club, it is obvious that Levein's position is becoming more precarious as the matches go by, therefore I would imagine the board to be reluctant to invest further funds to a manager who they must have doubts over.

ruth11

I've seen the posts about our board (that they're not really a footballing board and don't know that much about football etc..) but is it really just Levien who is completely responsible for new signings?
I don't know much about players outside the premiership, but I admit that I thought that Momo, Johansson and Ryan Smith were good additions. Guess I was wrong about Momo considering the stuff I've read on here - I was at the Celtic game before the season kicked off and I thought he looked good?! What happened to him?
What I mean is, if the board are really not footballing people, then I guess they thought the same as me and think that Levien knows what he's doing. Shouldn't there be someone on the board who knows a bit about this stuff to be able to have a say if someone simply isn't right for us for the money? And then it wouldn't matter if they stump up the cash cos there would be a second opinion on players... Couldn't Mr Lineker have some say on all this as it's his consortium that helped us out of our financial mess (didn't they?!)....

Does that make any sense at all?! It all came out a bit "girly" I expect! :icon_wink

PFKAKTF FOX

ruth11 said:
I've seen the posts about our board (that they're not really a footballing board and don't know that much about football etc..) but is it really just Levien who is completely responsible for new signings?
I don't know much about players outside the premiership, but I admit that I thought that Momo, Johansson and Ryan Smith were good additions. Guess I was wrong about Momo considering the stuff I've read on here - I was at the Celtic game before the season kicked off and I thought he looked good?! What happened to him?
What I mean is, if the board are really not footballing people, then I guess they thought the same as me and think that Levien knows what he's doing. Shouldn't there be someone on the board who knows a bit about this stuff to be able to have a say if someone simply isn't right for us for the money? And then it wouldn't matter if they stump up the cash cos there would be a second opinion on players... Couldn't Mr Lineker have some say on all this as it's his consortium that helped us out of our financial mess (didn't they?!)....

Does that make any sense at all?! It all came out a bit "girly" I expect! :icon_wink

I suppose that would have been Bassett's role as Director of Football, but Levein wanted shut. To be fair I doubt many managers would want every transfer target sanctioned by "a third party", as long as the player is within the specified budget then I would imagine a manager to have a free reign in selecting transfer targets, it would be a fairly damning lack of trust and undermining of the managers position to have signings sanctioned by somebody like Lineker, also it provides the manager with the opportunity to spread the blame and advocate responsibility for poor performance.

fcukcov

ruth11 said:
................... I was at the Celtic game before the season kicked off and I thought he looked good?! What happened to him?

It is generally considered thathe played well in that game as he had a big point to prove to the club that let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669