Captain 2012/2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellens is a good player, may be coming towards the end of his career, but he is still a worthwhile squad player to have to call upon if needed and if we were to sell him, I'd imagine the majority of the teams in the Championship would be wanting to have them in their squads.

The level of abuse/dislike towards Wellens is again, just like the Mills situation, absurd. It seems he is the latest player for people incapable of forming their own opinions to have a go at by jumping on the bandwagon.

And re FF - he speaks the most sense out of anyone on here, two good points very well made.

The level of abuse/dislike towards Wellens is again, just like the Mills situation, absurd. It seems he is the latest player for people incapable of forming their own opinions to have a go at by jumping on the bandwagon.
****ing ludicrous, arrogant nonsense.

The level of abuse/dislike towards Wellens...

Apart from Homer (who doesn't like anyone) there are zero mentions of abuse or dislike for Wellens in this thread. And this would probably be where you'd find it. Being a thread about Wellens and all.

But I'm just jumping on BM's eloquently put bandwagon.

Apart from Homer (who doesn't like anyone) there are zero mentions of abuse or dislike for Wellens in this thread. And this would probably be where you'd find it. Being a thread about Wellens and all.

But I'm just jumping on BM's eloquently put bandwagon.
"You're criticising a player I like, you must be an idiot and unable to form your own opinions, and furthermore you must hate him to say all these nasty things." Complete crap. Grow the **** up.

haha nice made up quote there and FF, where did I mention it was confined to this thread?

Given the replies, it would suggest I would not be the arrogant one.

FF, where did I mention it was confined to this thread?

You didn't.

But then there's hardly been anything in this thread to confine.

And it seems like a random point to post if you weren't directing it at this thread.

The level of abuse/dislike towards Wellens is again absurd.

*thread discussing player x*
"The level of abuse towards x is absurd"
"There hasn't been any in this thread"
"I wasn't talking about this thread"
"Erm...ok..."

It was a general comment with regards to the general perception on here that we should get rid of him that was sparked by a few comments in this thread. I may be wrong in saying that but I'm pretty sure I'm not as he isn't exactly a favourite on here.

Once again, you make things up to make a point. I didn't say "There hasn't been any in this thread", I said the comment wasn't specific to this thread, therefore inclusive of this and any other.

This thread is also titled 'Captain for 2012/2013 Season', not specific to Wellens as Morgan has also been given a captain role and I'd also take it as a general discussion on who it has been given to and if people think it is the correct or not decision.

Please feel free to break this post down into selective quotes as per as it really doesn't make you come across as condescending or arrogant at all, plus it makes you look really, really clever too. I wish I knew how to do that quote thingy.

I may be wrong in saying that but I'm pretty sure I'm not as he isn't exactly a favourite on here.

That may be true, but I stand by that it was an out of the blue comment which seemed much exaggerated in the context. But I'm willing to let that lie.

Once again, you make things up to make a point. I didn't say "There hasn't been any in this thread", I said the comment wasn't specific to this thread, therefore inclusive of this and any other.

You weren't the person that said that in my little role-play - you were the other one.

But I'll let you have it as there has been 1 mention of dislike of Wellens from homer so it was partially exaggerated. Maybe try quoting him next time so your post has some context.

Please feel free to break this post down into selective quotes as per as it really doesn't make you come across as condescending or arrogant at all, plus it makes you look really, really clever too.

Apologies if my internet skillz threaten you - I think it makes it easier to read a coherent debate but each to their own.

:062:

I'm not sure that any of the posts were supposed to be funny. I think it was more an attempt to get a response confirming that others were dumbfounded by some of the inane comments that get posted on here. I'm sure that some of the drivel used to get challenged by regular posters on the site, but it seems to be accepted now.

That may be true, but I stand by that it was an out of the blue comment which seemed much exaggerated in the context. But I'm willing to let that lie.

You weren't the person that said that in my little role-play - you were the other one.

But I'll let you have it as there has been 1 mention of dislike of Wellens from homer so it was partially exaggerated. Maybe try quoting him next time so your post has some context.

Apologies if my internet skillz threaten you - I think it makes it easier to read a coherent debate but each to their own.

:062:

I'd have to disagree on that as when I quote you now, it leaves a massive space between each comment which, personally, I find annoying and I'm sure others will agree, especially if mobile/tablet browsing. Nothing too bad, but a minor irritant that can be easily avoided. Therefore I find it easier not to bother as I can't be bothered to remove the space like so and when the post is directly below the one it is in response to, it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to work out who/what it is aimed at.

Also, the selective quoting doesn't give the whole idea of the quoted post, just the parts that you wish to respond to whereas I believe it is only fair to respond to the whole post. Again, a personal thing that some will dis/agree with but it is only being courteous to repsond the whole post otherwise it can lead to believe that you would agree with the parts you choose to ignore given you have no response for it.

With regards to your oscar written role play though, perhaps if you had used your amazing, threatening multi-quoting skills, it would have been easier to read and led to a coherent debate without misunderstanding.

And looking back, the original post may have been a bit out of the blue but the point I made still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669