Car Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

p d s

I'm currently in the process of looking for and buying my own car.
I keep getting quotes online but they are all comin out at over £1500 a year which is crazy.
I'm 23 tomorrow and have had no claims in the 8 months I've been driving.
I know it will be higher than a lot of people due to my age and gender but surely there is some insurance company that offers a decent deal.
I'm looking for comprehnsive cover.

Anyone have any suggestons?

Cheers.

I'm currently in the process of looking for and buying my own car.
I keep getting quotes online but they are all comin out at over £1500 a year which is crazy.
I'm 23 tomorrow and have had no claims in the 8 months I've been driving.
I know it will be higher than a lot of people due to my age and gender but surely there is some insurance company that offers a decent deal.
I'm looking for comprehnsive cover.

Anyone have any suggestons?

Cheers.

Keep shopping round.

Put your parent/guardian as the main driver and you as named, Direct Line will still let accumulate no claims bonus even as a named driver.

Put a girlie on your insurance, even if she only has a provisional this can make a difference.

do your pass plus.

Keep shopping round.

Put your parent/guardian as the main driver and you as named, Direct Line will still let accumulate no claims bonus even as a named driver.

Put a girlie on your insurance, even if she only has a provisional this can make a difference.

do your pass plus.

I'll try the Direct Line thingy.
I'm currently a named driver on my mums car, will she need to provide anything if she is to be the main driver on another policy.

Oh, and I've done my pass plus.

Endsleigh took mine down by over £600 per year. They are worth a try.

I'll try the Direct Line thingy.
I'm currently a named driver on my mums car, will she need to provide anything if she is to be the main driver on another policy.

Oh, and I've done my pass plus.

Also how do I accrue NCD when my mum is the main driver?

What car you trying to insure? Im 22 and pay £400 which I still think is a complete rip off.

Also how do I accrue NCD when my mum is the main driver?

Direct Line will accept the years you have been driving on her insurance as NC in the future, but don't be fooled, only Direct Line recognise the No Claims. So if you insure it in your mums name and you as a named driver, and do this for two years, if on the third year you stay with Direct Line, they will say "Yes you have two years no claims", however if you choose to go elsewhere no other insurance company will recognise them, so you will have 0 No Claims even though you have been driving for two years.

If you live in a "dodgy" postcode area Norwhich Union have alway been good for me (and a mate who lives in Glenfield as it is too close to New Parks for the insurance companies liking!). Direct Line won't insure you under 25 I don't think (though it may be 21 and I may be wrong) ,but they were the cheapest I found for the Ibiza I want to buy. Elephant are also sometimes quite reasonable, but neither Direct Line nor Elephant are normally on the price comparison site, you need to go direct to them.

What car you trying to insure? Im 22 and pay £400 which I still think is a complete rip off.

:icon_eek: That's very competetive for a 22 year old Male, unless you have 5 years no claims, in which case it is a bit high. Mine dropped massively in August now I am 25.

Im with Hastingts Direct by the way.

I have used only one firm- Direct Line. The others I went out to quote were a waste of time (Norwich Union and Churchill). Just try everywhere available is my recommendation.

Did my pass plus and my Dad is also insured by them, so that was a bit off. The Pass Plus has paid for itself on the first renewal.

All I can say to Lako is you are one lucky bastard.

I have used only one firm- Direct Line. The others I went out to quote were a waste of time (Norwich Union and Churchill). Just try everywhere available is my recommendation.

Did my pass plus and my Dad is also insured by them, so that was a bit off. The Pass Plus has paid for itself on the first renewal.

All I can say to Lako is you are one lucky bastard.

Yes but I do drive a 1.2 Clio, so I pay the price in other ways ;)

I use NFU Mutual. My dad is the main driver, yet I'm still building up no claims. I'm 20 and it costs me £600 a year for a 1.2 Clio.

That's true. My sister has just been put on her boyfriend's insurance and it is now costing him less than before!

I always find those comparison sites ludicrously expensive. They usually quote me £1000+ when I pay about £400 a year.

I always find those comparison sites ludicrously expensive. They usually quote me £1000+ when I pay about £400 a year.

I think it's different for everyone. When I did the missus's for her about 3 months ago, the comparison sites were way cheaper.

In the end these were the cheapest.

A PM to Jeff is also advisable. He may have some codes that you can use to save you some money etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669