Cardiff 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. We battered Plymouth all game and should've won 5-0 if it weren't for Plymouth's horrible gamesmanship. The last minute goal was a just dessert.

It was my birthday, that's all I can remember from that day. I was a little bit drunk and so can't remember the more specific details of the game.

Just got in from a very cold and rainy night. The main problem we have is an inability to turn possession into any kind of clear chances. We can faff around quite nicely up to the penalty box but no end product. But when cardiff ran at us in the first half they created some fantastic runs and crosses and really should have scored 4.

Thought spearing looked pretty useful. Watching neilson is like a car crash waiting to happen.

It was my birthday, that's all I can remember from that day. I was a little bit drunk and so can't remember the more specific details of the game.

IIRC we had 4 or 5 times as many shots as they did.

My only observation for your lot tonight is that Foghorn Leghorn needs a refresher on the offside rule.

My only observation for your lot tonight is that Foghorn Leghorn needs a refresher on the offside rule.

I say, I say he works dam hard boy.

What about:

QPR (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Scunthorpe (H)
Newcastle (H)
Cardiff (H)
Doncaster (A)
Plymouth (H)
Sheff Weds (H)
Blackpool (H)
Crystal Palace (A)

Probably more, just off the top of me head.

I meant recently since the Scunny game. Most of other games we relaxed and let other team back into the game although not always was it taken like Donny and Palace away games

Twattock to score an own goal to give us a win on Friday...

Not really. SheffUtd are probably in worse form than us. Doncaster are inconstant as hell, they both have to make up about 7pts on us in 6 games, which is extremely unrealistic.

Reading and Blackpool still have a lot to make up on us and have much harder run ins. Also, Reading and Sheff Utd and Donny and Blackpool both have to play each other.

It's in our hands, comfortably.

That has cheered me up already, I'll take your word for it, I am too bone idle to check.:icon_cool:icon_cool

I hope Rooney is going to be ok for the world cup.

I've been saying for a long time that the only fair thing to do in that situation is to award a penalty. Cardiff cheated and got away with it. If you've been denied a goalscoring opportunity because of blatant cheating, you should be given an opportunity to get the goal from the penalty spot. Cardiff having a player suspended for a game is no reward for Leicester.

Agreed.

Plus, the law is lacking by it's very nature, in that a red card in the 90th min is far less useful to the opposition than in the 10th min, but can be far more critical.

Cheating Welsh! :icon_surp

Agreed.

Plus, the law is lacking by it's very nature, in that a red card in the 90th min is far less useful to the opposition than in the 10th min, but can be far more critical.

Cheating Welsh! :icon_surp
I believe Gabor is Hungarian, but I get your point.

reading are the biggest threat

Fine, Reading are 9pts behind us with 2 games in hand, a much inferior goal difference, so basically 10pts behind and still have Newcastle and Cardiff to play.

Besides, we're still only 1pt behind Swansea, they are on as bad, if not worse a run than us, so it won't matter if a team catches us and we still finish ahead of Swansea as well.

I've a good mind to book a holiday for the 3rd weekend in May, cos on that showing and if the officials in the Championship have sunk that low, then we haven't got a hope in hell of getting to Wembley.

We may well be 4 points ahead of 7th but I don't see that being the case for much longer. Teams behind us are more capable of picking up points than we are.

Even if we do end up in the top 6, the chances of us winning three games in a row against teams around us are very slim indeed.

I've a good mind to book a holiday for the 3rd weekend in May, cos on that showing and if the officials in the Championship have sunk that low, then we haven't got a hope in hell of getting to Wembley.

We may well be 4 points ahead of 7th but I don't see that being the case for much longer. Teams behind us are more capable of picking up points than we are.

Even if we do end up in the top 6, the chances of us winning three games in a row against teams around us are very slim indeed.

Teams go in and out of form, we could easily beat any other side in the top 6 on our day. In fact didn't we just beat Cardiff a couple of weeks ago? :102:

You don't necessarily need to win any (assuming we can score from 12 yards...)

And I don't see why not - there's still plenty of games to find our form, and we've beaten all 3 of the current play-off contenders.

Stringer has said on his twitter that he cannot tell anyone just yet why he couldnt get any interviews,but will let the fans no why as soon as he can,what is going on:102:

They flew to Cardiff so the players could get home earlier. Maybe they didn't do interviews for the same reason. Or maybe the pilot said he wouldn't wait around for them :)

SSN got an interview with Pearson... He basically just said that it's still all in our hands, we deserved something from the game and implied that he thought some of the decisions (ie the ball over the line) were dodgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669