Pre Match Cardiff City (a) - League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cardiff City (Away) - League Cup

That's how it sounded on the radio too which is why I'm hoping we field the following team against you high rollers.....

Dibble

My son
Gerrard(he's carrying a bit of timber)
A new loanee
Phil Dwyer

Nicky Fish
Kiss
Ravinelli(Head steward)

Nathan Blake (he robbed a fruit machine don't you know?)
Snagglepuss
Leo Fortune West

4-3-3 the only way to fly.

£3.60 a pint, you're having a giraffe.

If you don't move to 4-4-2 that line-up has had it.

My ticket arrived today. Tinpot/Mickey Mouse etc but I'm looking forward to it.

There was a lot of fannying about with rotation with last year's pair of fixtures with Pompey that ended so badly. Why the plan is to bring in Johnson, to help Man City, is beyond me. If he wants to get fit, give him a pot of paint and send him up the floodlights - it did Frank McLintock no harm.

Send out the team that started to gel in the last game, put the Taffs in their place and follow it up next Sunday. It is stating the bleedin' obvious that the more competitive playing time this team gets, the less likely it is that they'll play like total strangers and start to perform to somewhere near what their ridiculous wages should dictate.

There was a lot of fannying about with rotation with last year's pair of fixtures with Pompey that ended so badly. Why the plan is to bring in Johnson, to help Man City, is beyond me. If he wants to get fit, give him a pot of paint and send him up the floodlights - it did Frank McLintock no harm.

Send out the team that started to gel in the last game, put the Taffs in their place and follow it up next Sunday. It is stating the bleedin' obvious that the more competitive playing time this team gets, the less likely it is that they'll play like total strangers and start to perform to somewhere near what their ridiculous wages should dictate.

And if one of them gets injured? Also, how else is Johnson or any other second string player going to get fit?

If we can get Johnson fit and playing anywhere near his best he will be the best midfielder at the club, that's why we have him on loan.

Play the same team as against Brighton and give Cardiff the opportunity to experience first hand what are strengths and weaknesses are so that they can react to them for the league game....great thinking :icon_roll

Looks like there will be quite a few changes for this one

From The Mercury ...

Eriksson has admitted he is considering make changes to the side that impressively beat leaders Brighton on Saturday for the trip to Cardiff City in the Carling Cup tomorrow. City head back to South Wales on Sunday in the Championship.

Eriksson has confirmed midfielder Michael Johnson will feature and Steve Howard could lead the attack. Jeff Schlupp, Lloyd Dyer, Frank Moussa, John Pantsil, Neil Danns and Sean St Ledger are also set to feature, but Matt Oakley misses out with a back injury

(Or ... "Matt Oakley misses out cos we might want to loan him out")

EDIT ... Forget that last bit, he's already cup-tied anyway.

Last edited:
Play the same team as against Brighton and give Cardiff the opportunity to experience first hand what are strengths and weaknesses are so that they can react to them for the league game....great thinking :icon_roll

Though the tactic of always selecting weak teams playing crap has given me a few moments of pleasure over the last ten years, as a game-clincher it hasn't really produced the goods, has it? I'd have thought that with the exception of Schlupp, any opposition team is well informed about the talents and shortcomings of any combination of players we have, it's not like Vassell or Wellens are suddenly going to do something different from the last ten years is it.

Just if they play together as much as possible the chances of them producing their best form and blending as a team seems more likely.

Last edited:
Schmeichel

Pants Ledge Mills Ball

Abe Johnson Danns

Dyer Beckford Schlupp

Subs: Weale, Berner, Moussa, Peltier, Howard, King, Vassell

Swap Beckford for Howard and Schmeichel for Weale, and I think thats it

Beckford needs games. He was knackered after an hour on Saturday so needs another hour tonight. If we play Weale, we may as well just play the Academy team in front of him as we'll be waving the white flag.

Ideally, we'd withdraw Mills, Abe and Beckford after 60-70 mins for Berner, Moussa and Howard. Depends of course.

Re: Cardiff City (a) - Championship

Can anyone guess my route today? Clue: I left the house 45 minutes ago.

Re: Cardiff City (a) - Championship

Can anyone guess my route today? Clue: I left the house 45 minutes ago.

Im going with ....

Leicester > London
London > Bristol
Bristol > Newport
Newport > Cardiff *

*The last part via 4 different local bus services

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697