Carling Cup Second Round Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! Time for the annual domestic.

not again, that is the fourth year running that I have been in the borough of Kensington and chelsea for a league cup tie (Lincoln and 2x Leicester). In all three years lost to a late goal. I hope not another. I aint going, I think I am cursed down that way.

oooh i shall be going this i think, if Leeds festival doesn't kill me

was a great laugh last time and Steve Walsh was in the crowd

Yes he was, that was excellent beneath the stands.

One of my biggest memory (sadly) of that game was some guy sadly having some sort of fit and me running along to some steward for help screaming at him that we need a medic or police or at least a sodding saint Johns. Nothing the guy couldnt understand english. Jim from the ticket office arrived (i.e. a representative of the club), he got the same response, the steward just stood shrugging his shoulders, I had to run off to a police man and try and get some help after what could have been valuable time for the poor guy on the floor.

I was livid that Fulham had put someone who was in charge of our safety who didnt have a grasp of English. I wrote to them, LCFC, Prem league, FA and Football league. Not even a thank you for your letter reply from any of them.

I hope the tit got sacked, but I doubt it.

I was livid that Fulham had put someone who was in charge of our safety who didnt have a grasp of English. I wrote to them, LCFC, Prem league, FA and Football league. Not even a thank you for your letter reply from any of them.

You took the trouble to write five letters on such an important issue - so presumably you wrote follow-up letters when you received no replies?

Yes he was, that was excellent beneath the stands.

One of my biggest memory (sadly) of that game was some guy sadly having some sort of fit and me running along to some steward for help screaming at him that we need a medic or police or at least a sodding saint Johns. Nothing the guy couldnt understand english. Jim from the ticket office arrived (i.e. a representative of the club), he got the same response, the steward just stood shrugging his shoulders, I had to run off to a police man and try and get some help after what could have been valuable time for the poor guy on the floor.

I hope the tit got sacked, but I doubt it.

Was the guy ok?

Just follow up emails to Fulham and FL. As much as I care, if they don't there is only so much I can do. I am not going to write a letter to my MP over something they would have little care about.

I am afraid a slave to apathy I am afraid. The man has me in his pocket and I conform.

And yes I am embarrased about not taking it further.

As for the condition of the guy, I did notice that he had some first aiders round him, and the fuzz had called for assistance. I assume he was looked after adequately. I did not wish to be one of the mob rubber necking at his misery so I just minded my business.

Anyway.....

back to chat about the draw.

One of the few Premier League sides who may actually take the Competition seriously

That's a late kick off

Surely we're not on telly :102:

Perhaps there a few other games in the area that night.Hope we are on Sky,be the only time I see us this Season

Last edited:
One of the few Premier League sides who may actually take the Competition seriously

I would think most of them apart from the 'big 4' will be, trophies are pretty thin on the ground for everyone else. They'll still rest players though, reasoning that they won't need to be at full strength to beat us.

Looking forward to it a lot, had a great time at the FA Cup game despite the last minute defeat.

I would think most of them apart from the 'big 4' will be, trophies are pretty thin on the ground for everyone else. They'll still rest players though, reasoning that they won't need to be at full strength to beat us.

Looking forward to it a lot, had a great time at the FA Cup game despite the last minute defeat.

I think aside from the Big 4 the other teams either concentrate on a Top 6 Finish or avoiding Relegation.There are 3 or 4 who seem to take it seriously every Season.But thats just my opinion

the full draw

Ipswich v Colchester
Coventry v Newcastle
Hartlepool v West Brom
West Ham v Macclesfield
Huddersfield v Sheff Utd
Cardiff v MK Dons
Swansea v Hull
Rotherham v Wolverhampton
Brighton v Man City
Reading v Luton
Blackburn v Grimsby