Post Match Carlisle United 2 Leicester City 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can rectify that, Boc....

What a game! What a team! It's got the lot... Lineker, Lynex, Melrose, May, Peake, Wilson, Jock Wallace, someone smoking in the dugout, Wallington getting clattered, Youngy getting knocked spark out but carrying on...

I wasn't there, but I remember exactly where I was that day. I was nine and on a Young Ornithologists' Club trip to the Ouse Washes in Cambridgeshire. We listened to the second half in the coach on the way home. Ah, memories...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can just imagine Jock Wallace's comments to Youngy when he's examining his head... "looks all right to me son, get back oot there!"

Wonderful stuff. Changed me from a normal(ish) football loving teenager into a City obsessed nutcase, that game did

Bastards

Oh good.. thought I was going loopy (probably am). I was there in the family enclosure standing in front of the old main stand, never seen anything like that game since.
That's where I would have been had I not been out birdwatching!

I watch that video and think to myself that Ben Marshall can, quite frankly, **** off in his Bentley. It really is a different game now, isn't it? :icon_cry:

I watch that video and think to myself that Ben Marshall can, quite frankly, **** off in his Bentley. It really is a different game now, isn't it? :icon_cry:
I was in the East Stand that day. It was the only game where I've run on the pitch after the game. It was the most bonkers game I've ever seen.

Really?

I didn't realise there were any live games in those days, apart from the final.

It must have been live. I don't know how else I would have got the whole game. I was at the game so it must have been a timed recording and it had scraps of other programmes before and after as things did then.

It must have been live. I don't know how else I would have got the whole game. I was at the game so it must have been a timed recording and it had scraps of other programmes before and after as things did then.

Can't remember that at all.
It wasn't until a couple of years later that they started showing league games live.
Was it a 3PM kick off?
It's surprising they picked our game when the other three semis all looked more attractive for TV.

I was in the East Stand that day. It was the only game where I've run on the pitch after the game. It was the most bonkers game I've ever seen.

Totally agree - I also ran on the pitch from the Main Stand Enclosure...

A copper helped me up as I fell back with the excitement...

Those were the days...

It wasn't until a couple of years later that they started showing league games live.
Was it a 3PM kick off?
It's surprising they picked our game when the other three semis all looked more attractive for TV.

Defintely a 3pm kick-off...

We had by far the easiest draw though I can't remember who the other beaten qtr finalists were... Spurs, QPR and West Brom won I think...

Was it a 3PM kick off?

Semi-finals must have meant something different back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669