Carrick to Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitcho_uk

Carrick will today sign for Man Utd from Tottenham for a reported £18.6 million. This to me seems like a hell of alot of money seeing as Van Nistelroy only went for £10 million and Duff went from Chelsea for £5million. Have they paid over the odds?

More stupid that they could have the same player for 2.75 million 18 months ago, these top teams just waste money!!!

Hazzman said:
How ya rating Liverpool's chances this season.

I think they will be main challengers to Chelsea.
Agree, I would like to see them challenging for the top this year. Happy with top 3 finish though

Last edited:
IMO Manure have paid well over the odds for Carrick! Think he is a good player but will never be a world beater

i think he could turn out to be a great signing. but it's just as possible that he'll crumble under the pressure of his price tag.

to buy a player with his ability from abroard would probably have cost half as much. it's rediculous how much more expensive neglish players are. it''s no wonder that teams are becoming like arsenal.

If, as seemd likely, Ashley Cole goes to Chelsea Arsenal will have no English players in 1st team squad

They will have 1 English player, thanks Nathan, but will Wenger play him

MUSSWELL_FOX said:
They will have 1 English player, thanks Nathan, but will Wenger play him
i reckon he'll make a few appearances off the bench. that's all though

18.6 million for a man who is unlikely to break into the england team-i think man u would have done better by signing hargreaves

I dont give a flying feck about manure or who they sign, they dont give a shit about us do they?

Mike Hunt Smells said:
They'd have got him for half the price of Carrick I reckon.
i dunno bayern were reluctant to sell him-though i reckon if they had sold van nistelrooy to them and offered 15 million it could have happened-the fools

There's one person happy about this - my boss is Carrick's agent - he's like a dog with two cocks at the moment.

Real Sharapova said:
There's one person happy about this - my boss is Carrick's agent - he's like a dog with two cocks at the moment.
bet he must have got at least 2 million from that deal-plus i bet spurs are happy-a 16 million profit on a player they signed only 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669