Cats, pigeons and Teacher's....

Status
Not open for further replies.
with enough shares he could compulsary buy them. they are harmless as shareholders. the problem i think, is what i stated in my previous posts edit

But if part of the terms of the loan agreement was that they would be entitled to a share, then to buy that share would entail redeeming or re-negotiating the debt.

But if part of the terms of the loan agreement was that they would be entitled to a share, then to buy that share would entail redeeming or re-negotiating the debt.

he could let them keep the one share, not going to make much difference to him i wouldn't think, unless they have a say in decisions.

could be a problem if the agreement entitles them to a seat on the board though. the share is irrelivent.

Might have to change his plans now. Although I would think Teachers would be more inclined to deal with MM than the current bunch of amateurs who seem to be steadily sinking the ship.

Absolutely.

I would have thought that Teachers would have a massive sense of relief because of MM's interest.

The only place that the present board is taking the club is down.....with lower league football and possibly administration the only available destinations.

We all know that the main value that the Walkers site has is as a sports stadia and I would have thought that all the Teachers interests would be in having an MM backed viable Leicester City.

Would some kind person please update me on what is going on (although I realise it is clear as mud for all of us), as I have been out of the country since Sunday and as the deal has not been done yet I expect the news is not good. I have tried reading the threads but can not make any sense of it apart from, offer not yet received due to share holders might be blocking or MM not happy with books or MM having money issues???:102:

Would some kind person please update me on what is going on (although I realise it is clear as mud for all of us), as I have been out of the country since Sunday and as the deal has not been done yet I expect the news is not good. I have tried reading the threads but can not make any sense of it apart from, offer not yet received due to share holders might be blocking or MM not happy with books or MM having money issues???:102:

Got it in one!

Perm any one from three and you are not far out..........possibly.;)

Absolutely.

I would have thought that Teachers would have a massive sense of relief because of MM's interest.

The only place that the present board is taking the club is down.....with lower league football and possibly administration the only available destinations.

We all know that the main value that the Walkers site has is as a sports stadia and I would have thought that all the Teachers interests would be in having an MM backed viable Leicester City.

..... or let Tigers take over the ground. :icon_conf :icon_conf ;)

IMO the longer the negotiations go on the more likely it is that a resolution will not be reached.

It has been 5/6 days since it was announced the deal was in jeopardy...no resolution has yet been reached.

we are looking increasingly ****ed.

Teachers are not interested in Leicester City - just getting their money back. They have already seen one owner default owing other - but not them - loads of cash (the original Leicester City) and have to be sure it won't happen again. As outsiders they may be writing ensuring some of the existing clauses transfer across to the new owner. For example they may even be asking how much the repayments would increase if City got into the premiership, the EUFA Cup or even the Champions League. Daft I know ... but they are based in the US where sporting teams are rather more equal on the field! They may even be concerned about how much - and when - they got any proceeds if thye ground was shared by a joint Tigers and City stadium company

They came around to the ndew owners so MM should be ok ... but I'd play hardball if I were him.

Foxpodder

..... or let Tigers take over the ground. :icon_conf :icon_conf ;)

Yes - that is the other obvious option...and, of course, my view is that if the 'primacy of tenure' issue could be sorted (say through a new joint City/ Tigers company??) then the ground share makes complete sense.

The situation of having two stadia so close together each used 20 - 30 times a year looks to be just daft.

IMO the longer the negotiations go on the more likely it is that a resolution will not be reached.

It has been 5/6 days since it was announced the deal was in jeopardy...no resolution has yet been reached.

we are looking increasingly ****ed.

I agree - the present regime are so depressing that I doubt they could sort anything; then we have MM's arguable remaining links with Pompey; then the potential pressure from the third party stadium owner, Teachers - never mind the bit players like the FT.

Looks awful situation.

Yes - that is the other obvious option...and, of course, my view is that if the 'primacy of tenure' issue could be sorted (say through a new joint City/ Tigers company??) then the ground share makes complete sense.

The situation of having two stadia so close together each used 20 - 30 times a year looks to be just daft.

The 'primacy of tenure' issue could be sorted that way or by one club or another becoming 'landlord'. If the financial disaster happens (which some on here are predicting should MM deal not happen) then LCFC won't be in a strong position!! I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

The 'primacy of tenure' issue could be sorted that way or by one club or another becoming 'landlord'. If the financial disaster happens (which some on here are predicting should MM deal not happen) then LCFC won't be in a strong position!! I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

Well, the club came out of administration with the bare minimum in terms of business capital and since then the situation must have worsened due to revenue falling with poor results.

It was a good job we got immediate promotion after administration. Where would we be but for the Sky monies and the parachoute pay outs? Although some of these advantages were thrown away by bad management (e.g. the clauses that were no disincentive for best players to see the club relegated and poor football management - e.g. we scored a lot of goals in our relegation season and a better manager might just have seen is through with better tactical nous).

We have few sellable players and we are only just hovering above the relegation zone with them. Once those are gone....its a fair bet that we face relegation.

When you think about it not all of the above is the direct fault of the board. They just don't have the muscle to address the situation. The real issue is that everyone needed to be fully behind the MM takeover. Not necessarily because it represents a wonderful deal still less a panacea - but because it offered the chance of reversing the decline of the club.

I don't suppose it will critically matter at the end of the day, but those who inferred that there were other options need to have a good look at themselves now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669