CC vs Gloucester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then 96-8 to 133 all out. Worst collapse I can remember by any team, ever. I went to a meeting at 83-0 and when I came out checked the score and we were 103-8! Had to check that more than once!

And for a team so struggling in batting, we only play 6 batsmen with Cobb left out....

Then 96-8 to 133 all out. Worst collapse I can remember by any team, ever. I went to a meeting at 83-0 and when I came out checked the score and we were 103-8! Had to check that more than once!

And for a team so struggling in batting, we only play 6 batsmen with Cobb left out....

Because we have to bolster a weak bowling attack. We played with 3 number 11 batsmen today. No tail at all!

Totally unacceptable. Club needs overhauling.

Abysmal Collapse. Even more shocking considering the opener's got us off to a decent start for once. Noone in the bottom 5 has a career 50, definitely would have Cobb in there to give us more batting.

Gloucs 71/4 so maybe its a poor wicket, but still extremely poor to lose 13/8

Abysmal Collapse. Even more shocking considering the opener's got us off to a decent start for once. Noone in the bottom 5 has a career 50, definitely would have Cobb in there to give us more batting.

Gloucs 71/4 so maybe its a poor wicket, but still extremely poor to lose 13/8

I wonder if that is the worst collapse ever? If not, it must be close!

Anyone else got a bad feeling that gloucs will still score 350+?

Anything over 230 will be a big problem.

I would imagine it was damp, cold conditions there - it isn't the best of cricket grounds even on a nice day.

There is no way round the fact that we are two decent batters short - whatever the selection policy and with Allenby injured we have an even longer, vulnerable tail.

I can't see any basis for thinking that things will improve much this season - so I think we are just going to have to put up with it.

Anyone else got a bad feeling that gloucs will still score 350+?

Now 160-5 with only the night watchman back in hutch.

300+ probable.

Whenever we get into a decent position we throw it away in style.
Whenever the opposition are in a sticky position they get out of it! Eg. Hampshire 120-5 to 300-5 the other day. Gloucester 20-3 to 160-5 in this game!

Good job to finish them off this morning quickly to get the bowling points and a battling second innings, but the 1st innings has cost us for third game in a row.

Cracking opening partnership, over 100, with Boyce getting 85 and Tom New has now scored around 200 in the last two matches. Green shoots from the batting?

There is a bit of a pattern from the end of last season into the start of this season where opposing teams get into Leicestershire's faces on the first day of a four day game and we spend the rest of the match struggling to stay in the contest.

There is a bit of a pattern from the end of last season into the start of this season where opposing teams get into Leicestershire's faces on the first day of a four day game and we spend the rest of the match struggling to stay in the contest.

Frustrating thing is that we were put in and had seen through the whole of the first session. It seems that they changed the ball just before the collapse :icon_roll

Nixon and White fell cheaply before the end, so we may make them bat again but for not many runs :icon_cry:

I can't see any basis for thinking that things will improve much this season - so I think we are just going to have to put up with it.

I agree. There is no point having a long term strategy if we are just going to moan about results and for a change in the players every match.

However - they do need to show some improvement by the end of the season otherwise these young kids will just be losing confidence and no one will want to sign for us next season either!

I agree. There is no point having a long term strategy if we are just going to moan about results and for a change in the players every match.

However - they do need to show some improvement by the end of the season otherwise these young kids will just be losing confidence and no one will want to sign for us next season either!

My experience and feedback re. cricketers is that more than most sports people they focus on their individual performances/ averages rather than match results - I'm being cynical I know but that is the way it comes across to me so I'm not sure about the loss of confidence bit.

One or two of the young batters are just beginning to show signs of some consistency - mind you if they improve too much then they will probably leave for greener and more remunerative pastures.

I note that Maddy is out for the season at Warks - what odds against him returning to finish his career at Leicester next season?

I note that Maddy is out for the season at Warks - what odds against him returning to finish his career at Leicester next season?

Fairly common thing in county cricket and I would take him back, and even give him the captaincy that he was not given before he left. I know his f-c performances weren't good before he left, but he would be a decent blend of experience and Leicestershire background. And of course an asset in 20/20

I really think we are being very brave and forward looking, and I would really like to see Boyce, Cobb, Taylor etc become really consistent scorers. Although I may moan about the performances the last thing I want is a batting line up made up mainly of HD, Dippy, Nixon and Du Toit and I am fully supportive of what they are doing - up to a point, as long as it doesn't get embarrassing.

I think we are really suffering with HD and Dippenaar (although vastly improved this year, granted) not scoring the tons of runs that they should as our experienced batsmen, which is putting a lot of pressure on the youngsters and the bowlers.

I will just finish the post, however, by noting that wunderkid Phil Hughes has probably played less first-class matches than New, Boyce and Cobb :icon_eek:

Bottom of division 2 again, i fear, though who could expect more? Like glyn said i do have sympathy with what they are trying to do in the development of youngsters though, i think itll pay off in the long run it just means we have to be put through a couple of years of shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669