CD/DVD Burner Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitcho_uk

Hi,

I have had to replace my CD/DVD burner as it stopped working. I have fitted and installed a new burner and it is working via media player i.e i can burn music to disk. However when I try to burn a number of folders to dvd (highlight, right click, send to) there is no option to send them to the cd/burner drive. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

Hi,

I have had to replace my CD/DVD burner as it stopped working. I have fitted and installed a new burner and it is working via media player i.e i can burn music to disk. However when I try to burn a number of folders to dvd (highlight, right click, send to) there is no option to send them to the cd/burner drive. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

Do you have a DVD in the drive thats formatted for windows sessions?

Hi,

Is the reference to the drive in the Send to: list missing or merely greyed-out?

Can you access the drive from My Computer and then drag your files/folders across to it?

Do you have a DVD in the drive thats formatted for windows sessions?

Is it absolutely necessary to have a disc in the drive? On my system the files/folders would be held in a temporary 'Files/Folders to be copied' list.

All depends on what version of Windows he is running really.

Certainly with XP, there is no need for there to be a CD/DVD-R in the drive.

Last edited:
Thanks running XP pro.

The drive is not in the send to list at all.

When I try to drag and drop them to the drive within my computer it says that the drive is inaccessible, incorrect function.

Yes it does, but if i try to drag and drop anything to it i get the error message and if i take the disk out and try again it prompts me to insert a disk. I have tried numerous different disks but the same thing happens. i am going to try to reinstall the driver...again

Yes it does, but if i try to drag and drop anything to it i get the error message and if i take the disk out and try again it prompts me to insert a disk. I have tried numerous different disks but the same thing happens. i am going to try to reinstall the driver...again

sounds like the best bet

Still does not work

Sounds like the dvd drive is mapping correctly is there anyway of mapping the drive manually as you would a network drive?

I had something similar after refurbishing my old computer for a relation to use. In the end I physically removed the drive, then re-installed it from scratch. Worked fine.

Don't ask me why - it was an act of desperation!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670