Chairman Speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds pretty pissed off to say the least.

He said that the people he interviewed are still in the frame and theres a couple of others possibly too. He's 'waiting for some answers' or something like that.

Milan is not happy, at all. Says that this is not good enough for the fans and wants to get the manager sorted in the next ten days. He is going away for a few days, a trip that has been postponed a couple of times.

The names on his shortlist, which number 3 and possibly four include some already interviewed and he is also waiting for answers from clubs about whether he can speak to another manager or managers.

He sounds as fed up as I feel.

Milans annoyed.

Milan said there were 2 or 3 he is interested never denied any of these candidates had jobs. Likely outcome to be delayed as he is on holiday so im guessing it will be delayed by another week FFS :bang:

I think I ought to add that Milan isn't happy.

As pissed off as he probably is, I bet it is no where near the level of pissed offness that the fans are feeling......it's been a downward spiral for the last four years.......

Seven years really. October 2000 we were actually at the top of the Premiership. It's been ups and downs but mainly downhill ever since.

..there you are I'm so angry i press the send button too quickly...I spend hard earned cash on a season ticket, waste this afternoon watching uninterested, highly paid professional footballers taking the piss out of 20,000+ other gulliable fans,and then the chairman apologises. But not on the LCFC website Oh dear no! On LCFC World. Ahha I have to pay again for his apology do I? Classic.

..there you are I'm so angry i press the send button too quickly...I spend hard earned cash on a season ticket, waste this afternoon watching uninterested, highly paid professional footballers taking the piss out of 20,000+ other gulliable fans,and then the chairman apologises. But not on the LCFC website Oh dear no! On LCFC World. Ahha I have to pay again for his apology do I? Classic.

:081::081::081:

I love MM sometimes

:icon_lol:

I think you summed up all that is wrong with Leicester City a in a few sentences.

Cracking post.

might be 2-3 possible canidates. Think he said one is in a job, hopefully Holloway.

I can see Holloway here, I really can. Would prefer Tigana but out of the others who have been mentioned it's the Bristolian comic who floats my boat.

Mandaric interview (somewhat paraphrased)

Q. I imagine you're pretty frustrated after what you've seen this afternoon?
A. Frustration is an understatement, I'm very unhappy and gutted with the way we played. I barely recognised our team. I'm dssappointed for our supporters who regardless of where we are still give us great support, 21000 fans, it's incredible. We should do better for them. On the other hand the only excuse I have for our players is the uncertainty regarding the managerial situation. It's been an unbelievable season, I dunno what the hell happened. If I look back nothing started right. We need to quickly sort this out, and be quickly I mean within the next week, the next 10 days. But I'm just so frustrated to have to make another decision because what is happening here, we need a good manager to come sort it out, the system, the way we play, get us winning, get quality players in who will make a difference. These things have to happen immediately. But it is not easy to do it - where are the good managers? They are all working for good clubs. It is not easy. But I have a shortlist of 2 or 3 managers and when I come back from my short trip I will make an appointment.

Q. You're going away and I know you have had to cancel this many times, so are you sure that despite todays appointment you will still go away, the appointment will have to wait until you get back?
A. Yes, I've got to go away. (he said a load of stuff here but basically it was just saying yes in about 100 words.

Q. You mentioned a shortlist - are you still interested in those you interviewed a week ago?
A. A couple of people I interviewed are still there, and there are other possibilities. I will look it over but I am waiting for some answers.

Q. So you would approach a club for someone currently in work?
A. Yes we are approaching other clubs but we will do it confidentially, we do not wish to do it publically anddestabilise other clubs, that is not right. We are working on that with some respectable clubs already.

Q. With everything that's happened at the beginning of this season, this clubs just been crazy , the kind of story Leicester have been for this last 6 months. This decision must be crucial?
A. It is, very much so because despite all these things that you say have happened there is still a chance, a chance, we still can go back and up and raise the season (really couldn't hear what he said then to be honest, wasn't great English I don't think), and that's what I want to do. I'm not gonna give up and I don't want the supporters to give up either. We'll bring the manager, 2 or 3 players, sort things out and get a winning streak together.

Q. The fans were frustrated. They'd had enough, it was a bad performance. I imagine you agree with them?
A. Can't blame them a bit, I am frustrated as well, I am one of them. I sympathise, in fact I should probably apologise on behalf of all of us, we didn't put on a good show today. I can see their frustration.

Q. Well yes because ultimately you're the one that's invested all the cash. You've come in here, taken them out of debt, invested in about 16 players and yet you're still in the bottom half of the table.
A. Yes well, that's where the frustration is. If we didn't spend the money or try and put energy in I'd understand but... yes we spent the money but what is worse than that is spending a lot of energy and lot of emotions, frustration is running high so it's not good, but we are on potting line, we gotta be calm, we gotta look at what needs sorting out and we'll do it. We'll get there on the track and get back in the race and we'll make it happen.

Thanks to Burnham on Foxestalk for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669