Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

The Grauniad doesn't think much of our chances. :icon_sad:

Source

Leicester City

Manager Rob Kelly

Captain Paddy McCarthy

2005-06 League 16th, FA Cup 4th rd, League Cup 4th rd.

Key man Matty Fryatt The 20-year-old striker's first full season at this level, having joined from Walsall in January, and one in which he will be expected to justify his £500,000 fee.

Prediction Obscurity Kelly saved Leicester from relegation when he took over in January, but with no money to spend he might have an even bigger job on his hands this term. Commentator's kit When Rob Kelly's playing career was ended by injury he worked as a journalist for the Express & Star newspaper in Wolverhampton.

In Darren Kenton (Southampton) free, Andy Johnson (West Bromwich) free, Gareth McAuley (Lincoln) free, Josh Low (Northampton) free
Out Joey Gudjonsson (AZ Alkmaar) free, Patrik Gerrbrand (Frederikstad) free, Joe Hamill released.

beaumontfox said:
tbh i'd be quite happy with them finishing 9th-12th.

it means it's an improvement on last season and tbh i can't see us challenging at the top end this season at all.

however i'd love to be proved wrong!

id go along with that :icon_wink

As an objective assessment from an outsider, it seems quite realistic. Same as 2 years ago when many made us among the favourites to go straight back up!

Last Sunday Peter T****r put us as top half, possibly challenging for play-offs (though of course palace were his top tip, and Hull would improve significantly on last season!)

I personally wouldn't be surprised by anything between 6th and 16th.

Personally, I think we should be alright, no problems with relegation and should be challenging about the top six. It's perhaps too soon to be talking about automatic promotion but possibly via the play-offs. This may just be our season to surprise a few. Let's just get a good start and who knows anything could happen.

Chances are we dont stnad a chance of promotion but we have a chance of finishing mid table.

Chris Kamara seems to think we'll do well this year. ;)

Not many people knew much about Rob Kelly when he took over at Leicester, but I expect big things at the Walkers Stadium this year. I have known Rob since we were both recovering from injury at Lilleshall many moons ago and even then, you knew he was going to make a manager.

I like the way that when he took over at Leicester, he did not shift the blame onto Craig Levein and admitted he had made mistakes as well. His appointment saw results pick up and I expect them to carry that into the new season. And watch out for Matty Fryatt.

When Paul Merson took over at Walsall, he predicted the lad would make it to the Premiership and actually recommended him to Middlesbrough. Leicester got him though and towards the end of the season, the boy started to show just how good he can be.

http://home.skysports.com/LIST.ASP?HLID=407732 There's what he says about others too.

Seems to rate us behind just Birmingham, West Brom, Southampton, Leeds and possibly Sunderland. I'd be happy with that at the end of the season! ;)

He also named Matty Fryatt as second on his list of 7 players to watch in the Championship this season.

I think we will see improvement on last season, but I'm not sure how much. I'd be disappointed if we don't finish top half, although I don't think I really expect better than that. I accept that this league is extremely tight though and really anything can happen... it's just too hard to predict what we'll do. Please give us a playoff spot though! :)

Durham Fox said:
Still think he's a prick.

Agreed,he's just creeping because he got grief from us when he spouted that shite about us last season....Grade 1 Arsehole IMO

Screw this. If you can't be optimistic before a balls even been kicked then when can you be!

I reckon we'll be challenging for the platoffs. We've got two good strikers up front that are going to cause all sorts of problems for most teams and we've got a brilliant pair of center backs in the two paddys. Hopefully AJ will take over the midfield, Williams will finally become the player everyone wants him to be, and Twatto is going to stay on the left wing instead of trying to play in everyone elses positions!

Up the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670