Change Strip.

Change away strip?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Smith

I'm opening myself up to some abuse here but:-

If this stadium idea gets pushed through we have a major issue regarding the two clubs identities. I don't want this idea to go ahead but it is a real possibility.

During the eighties we played in a green away kit and also a red one!
If I am not mistaken the Tigers wore a change strip which included blue?

If Tigers agreed to make there change colour blue what would the feeling be on adopting their colours for a change strip in a decent football kit style design? It would resolve the issues regarding having a stadium which looks like 2 halves.

I'm not having a laugh here, interested to know what the views are?

I would be in favour of a colour change (tin helmet on!!). Remember I don't want this at all but we need to think about what we want if this disaster takes place.

So, change the away strip to Tigers colours or not?

The worst thing about this whole ground sharing affair is that we get unadulterated horseshit like this

homer said:
The worst thing about this whole ground sharing affair is that we get unadulterated horseshit like this

Good point well made Homer.

Just getting you ready for your forthcoming fight with bonehead/voice of reason later tonight....
:wink:

Bobby Smith said:
I'm opening myself up to some abuse here but:-

If this stadium idea gets pushed through we have a major issue regarding the two clubs identities. I don't want this idea to go ahead but it is a real possibility.

During the eighties we played in a green away kit and also a red one!
If I am not mistaken the Tigers wore a change strip which included blue?

If Tigers agreed to make there change colour blue what would the feeling be on adopting their colours for a change strip in a decent football kit style design? It would resolve the issues regarding having a stadium which looks like 2 halves.

I'm not having a laugh here, interested to know what the views are?

I would be in favour of a colour change (tin helmet on!!). Remember I don't want this at all but we need to think about what we want if this disaster takes place.

So, change the away strip to Tigers colours or not?

Assuming it does go ahead :roll: , this is a very good idea. :wink:

great idea, gold star to Bobby!
i cannot believe the anti feeling this has raised. Surely this should have happened when the move to the walkers was announced :? that was the real sell out
look at our team, they couldn't give a feck, i don't think of individuals at city anymore, just the team :(
this was bound to happen, look at the state of welford road.
The marketeers could have done a much better job if this had happened or even proposed when we were in real financial poo.
i'll always support Leicester, but i haven't recognised our club for years. :cry:

I don't see what the big fuss is about, apart from the change of seats and the pitch issue that seems like just about all there is to it. And if the pitch davis is talking about is done then there shouldn't be a probelm. And if people actually sit in those green seats no one will ever know they are green instead of blue.

If anything I think its a good thing, That stadium is brillaint so why not make the best out of it?

I think changing our away kit would be a good idea as it would make the club some more money by introducing it. Also I'm sure us supporters wouldn't mind setting aside £40 for a new away kit.

I like the black away kit as well but it just sometimes seems a bit dull. It's time to go for something outrageous such as green. Just to be different to everyone in the championship. Apart from Plymouth.[/code]

We're due a new strip at the end of the season aren't we? is it home and away? i cant wait to see what Mr Davies will have lined up for that! a new badge maybe?!?!?! it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest

i like the black one myself (and the tigers away kit is black too)

I thought of a few positives on the ground share last night which I do not think have been mentioned, maybe they would actually finish the stadium to the high spec that was mentioned before it was built. Although the Walkers is a good stadium, IMO the finish on it shows that we needed to reduce the budget at the time, you never know we might even get those 'super' score boards they mentioned, rather than the 1980's digital watches we have now.
After having a few days to think about this I am still against it, but I can see some positives from it happening, if there is a demonstration on Saturday and the groundshare does get stopped (which is possible reading the tim davies answers on Homer's thread) although I would feel good that we can make a difference are we just holding back the club for the sake of history that has gone. We could be turning our backs on a good chance of making this club even bigger, we have got a young and very ambitious manager who given the right funds who knows. Are we showing a lack of ambition by being opposed to the idea? If he does not have that money we could just continue being the yo-yo team that we always have been.

Naughty Fox said:
I thought of a few positives on the ground share last night which I do not think have been mentioned, maybe they would actually finish the stadium to the high spec that was mentioned before it was built. Although the Walkers is a good stadium, IMO the finish on it shows that we needed to reduce the budget at the time, you never know we might even get those 'super' score boards they mentioned, rather than the 1980's digital watches we have now.
After having a few days to think about this I am still against it, but I can see some positives from it happening, if there is a demonstration on Saturday and the groundshare does get stopped (which is possible reading the tim davies answers on Homer's thread) although I would feel good that we can make a difference are we just holding back the club for the sake of history that has gone. We could be turning our backs on a good chance of making this club even bigger, we have got a young and very ambitious manager who given the right funds who knows. Are we showing a lack of ambition by being opposed to the idea? If he does not have that money we could just continue being the yo-yo team that we always have been.

I agree with all of this, but the struggle in me is about sport overtaking football and rugby and the loss of identity. If I could see a set of figures which showed the benefits of this move I might be able to overcome my own struggle.

Still getting splinters (and no Highland/MK/Homer/Lazzer I am not enjoying it :roll: :wink: ) in my backside as I sit on the fence.

Steven said:
Naughty Fox said:

I agree with all of this, but the struggle in me is about sport overtaking football and rugby and the loss of identity. If I could see a set of figures which showed the benefits of this move I might be able to overcome my own struggle.

Still getting splinters (and no Highland/MK/Homer/Lazzer I am not enjoying it :roll: :wink: ) in my backside as I sit on the fence.

Are you enjoying it?

No. :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Steven said:
Naughty Fox said:

Struggle is a very good word to use here between 'head and heart', my heart was the one that was driving me at first with a 'no way' but the head is now thinking it all over.
Budge up and make room on the fence for me, you can borrow my tweasers :wink:

Sam said:
I like the black away kit as well but it just sometimes seems a bit dull. It's time to go for something outrageous such as green. Just to be different to everyone in the championship. Apart from Plymouth.[/code]

how many teams have away strips like us???? no one in the championship has a river plate stylee kit with different colours and no team in the world has a fosse gold shirt cus we invented that colour!! i think we should go for a different style for the home shirt cus its too plain maybe go for something like fullhams shirt?? just an idea

keep them as they are, blue is our tradional home colour/shirt, and mybe change the away shirt, but not to suit the tigers, they will only have 50% of the stadium not the club as a whole, do you thik they would change there away shirt to suit us? i don't!

leicester_til_i_die said:
keep them as they are, blue is our tradional home colour/shirt, and mybe change the away shirt, but not to suit the tigers, they will only have 50% of the stadium not the club as a whole, do you thik they would change there away shirt to suit us? i don't!

I must admit I am surprised by the response to this, I thought the vast majority would be negative. I was expecting about 95% to say this was a bad idea.

Leicester till i die, I would never suggest changing the home strip :shock: and obviously the Tigers would have to adopt our colours in their change strip for it to work.

Bobby Smith said:
leicester_til_i_die said:

I must admit I am surprised by the response to this, I thought the vast majority would be negative. I was expecting about 95% to say this was a bad idea.

Leicester till i die, I would never suggest changing the home strip :shock: and obviously the Tigers would have to adopt our colours in their change strip for it to work.

This does touch on a point with me. If this ground share does go ahead, then I hope there are more ideas like this (until we get our own ground, and I now view this ground share idea not as a final destination but as a point on our journey back to having our own ground) as it would be stupid not to have a close relationship with Tigers in order to get as much out of this for both parties. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669