Cheapish Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Looking for a car for me mum.

She has upto 2 grand to spend and ideally wants a diesel anyone know of any knocking around? Im looking in all the usual places and a couple have come up but she needs it fairly soon. She wants something fairly small with 4 doors (not essential but ideally again) and relatively low mileage.

On a slightly related note does anyone wanna buy an L-reg Vauxhall Astra 1.7 diesel that needs slight attention? Pm me for full details if you are interested.

On a slightly related note does anyone wanna buy an L-reg Vauxhall Astra 1.7 diesel that needs slight attention?

hhhhmmmm......very tempting......:icon_bigg

Looking for a car for me mum.

She has upto 2 grand to spend and ideally wants a diesel anyone know of any knocking around? Im looking in all the usual places and a couple have come up but she needs it fairly soon. She wants something fairly small with 4 doors (not essential but ideally again) and relatively low mileage.

On a slightly related note does anyone wanna buy an L-reg Vauxhall Astra 1.7 diesel that needs slight attention? Pm me for full details if you are interested.

Get her an MG ZS - they're as cheap as you like and apparently good fun to drive.

Manual, 56,000 miles, air conditioning,taxed and tested,1 previous owner,only 56,000 miles from new,full history,twin airbags, recent new brakes and full service.sunroof,e/w,r/c/l,half leather interior,alloys,all previous m.o.t,s,very good condition,very low milage,bargain. £1,895. o.n.o

Autotrader has plenty

Get her an MG ZS - they're as cheap as you like and apparently good fun to drive.

Autotrader has plenty

there are non within 30 miles and i aint travelling further than that for a 2k car!

:038::icon_lol: He'll like that!

tbh i have been looking at really nice Rover for her! Wouldnt dream of having one myself though, espcially and MG.;)

Last edited:
I wanted something more reliable, but got an Alfa 147 instead. :icon_redf

Lovely car, did you get the diesel, cracking engine! How old colour etc? I have a 156.

Check out www.alfaowner.com if you have any problems or want any advice.

Lovely car, did you get the diesel, cracking engine! How old colour etc? I have a 156.

Check out www.alfaowner.com if you have any problems or want any advice.
Yeah, MrH found that website, I think...
It's a silvery blue colour, it's petrol, it's the selespeed lusso model, it's 4 yrs old. It must be good, as I am having to do more driving to away games, although the lower mileage could be the real reason. :icon_roll

I think my brother-in-law had a 156, it was quite a nice car from what I remember. I know he was going to take the engine out of it to put into a Lancia, but then changed his mind.

Yeah, MrH found that website, I think...
It's a silvery blue colour, it's petrol, it's the selespeed lusso model, it's 4 yrs old. It must be good, as I am having to do more driving to away games, although the lower mileage could be the real reason. :icon_roll

I think my brother-in-law had a 156, it was quite a nice car from what I remember. I know he was going to take the engine out of it to put into a Lancia, but then changed his mind.

Good luck with it. Cracking car on the days when it works, the rest of the time they a are a pig to live with but you will love it! and def better than a rover.....

no its a car im looking for.......just coz you have a boring volvo rather than a fun alfa!
That volvo was a lovely beast, but I've traded it in for a 407 diesel estate.:icon_redf
On test drives the alfa sportswagon was superb as was the chrysler 300 tourer, but I decided ( based on driving 25k+ a year for work and having two smallish kids) to get something practical. Performance aside I've got a shite load more for my money.
I'll really miss the volvo though, 150k on the clock and perfectly behaved.

That volvo was a lovely beast, but I've traded it in for a 407 diesel estate.:icon_redf
On test drives the alfa sportswagon was superb as was the chrysler 300 tourer, but I decided ( based on driving 25k+ a year for work and having two smallish kids) to get something practical. Performance aside I've got a shite load more for my money.
I'll really miss the volvo though, 150k on the clock and perfectly behaved.

Pug diesels are supposed to be really good. Although I have a mate who is a Peugeot mechanic and he always says that the wiring on the new cars is terrible and a real pain in the ass to fix when it goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46