Post Match Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree, the manager needs some input to who the buys are.

Normally I'd agree. If we let him do that we're ****ed IMO. Defending corners and signing decent players will have a huge say in how our season can go.

Normally I'd agree. If we let him do that we're ****ed IMO. Defending corners and signing decent players will have a huge say in how our season can go.

I suspect that you're correct in having zero faith in a BR rebuild without a competent Head of Recruitment in place.

What's the alternative though? I don't see one.

If we didn't sign anybody, but sorted out the defensive problems, wed be top 10.

Coincidentally, we weren't really troubled at corners tonight

I suspect that you're correct in having zero faith in a BR rebuild without a competent Head of Recruitment in place.

What's the alternative though? I don't see one.

Get a head of recruitment in that doesn't rate the likes of Bertrand then just pat the lads on the back, send them out and tell them to try and win.

Get a head of recruitment in that doesn't rate the likes of Bertrand then just pat the lads on the back, send them out and tell them to try and win.

We have done. Martyn Glover is that man and he's successfully got rid of Bertrand and Vestergaard once already.

Trouble is, he can't join us until after the summer unless Southampton change their mind.

Solid in defence against a top team - but our attack was non-existent bar a brilliant strike from Maddison. Pity that Vardy, Nacho, and Barnes didn’t get to play a part.

A result against S'hampton and a certain top half finish ( and likely the top Midlands side) along with our tour around Europe (considering all the injury setbacks we've suffered) is, I think, acceptable under the circumstances.

Hoping we use the new training centre to its full potential to produce much better next season

If we didn't sign anybody, but sorted out the defensive problems, wed be top 10.

Probably would. But we've made no attempt to do so, which makes sticking with him and his staff a bit mental IMO.

We have done. Martyn Glover is that man and he's successfully got rid of Bertrand and Vestergaard once already.

Trouble is, he can't join us until after the summer unless Southampton change their mind.

I'm hopeful about this. I'm not 100% convinced that all the shit we've signed what due to scouting etc. Hopefully it was Congatits running an old version of Football Manager after all.

I'm hopeful about this. I'm not 100% convinced that all the shit we've signed what due to scouting etc. Hopefully it was Congatits running an old version of Football Manager after all.

Word on the street is that the recruitment team couldn't stand Mr. Congerton who spent very little time engaging with his staff or listening to their advice - he knew best.

There was a massive sigh of relief at the club when he went. Glover is a back to basics appointment. Someone perfectly suited to our structure.

The problem is that we need him in post now.

Word on the street is that the recruitment team couldn't stand Mr. Congerton who spent very little time engaging with his staff or listening to their advice - he knew best.

There was a massive sigh of relief at the club when he went. Glover is a back to basics appointment. Someone perfectly suited to our structure.

If we're serious about a rebuild this summer, you'd imagine that has to come with being willing to pay for the man we need to drive that.

Although realistically coming in now, how much would he impact this summer anyway?

I doubt there's anything to stop him having a discreet chat with Brendan and others at the club before he joins officially.

The thing is, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Before a ball was kicked in earnest, our recruitment was looking bloody good. I thought that, and many others did.

However, injuries to star players, has meant that we have had to give some of those 'eared for the future' more exposure than was expected.

Chelsea brought Lukaku in for £97 m, not really a successful.

Arsenal spent £72m on Pepe. Far from a success.

We are not in their league to spend that sort of money, and even worse write that sort of money off. So, maybe it's time to stand back and reassess, rather than chase the rainbow at any expense.

Solid in defence against a top team - but our attack was non-existent bar a brilliant strike from Maddison. Pity that Vardy, Nacho, and Barnes didn’t get to play a part.

A result against S'hampton and a certain top half finish ( and likely the top Midlands side) along with our tour around Europe (considering all the injury setbacks we've suffered) is, I think, acceptable under the circumstances.

Hoping we use the new training centre to its full potential to produce much better next season
Very little time to use it apparently. I'm still shocked that he said that.

The thing is, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Before a ball was kicked in earnest, our recruitment was looking bloody good. I thought that, and many others did.

However, injuries to star players, has meant that we have had to give some of those 'eared for the future' more exposure than was expected.

Chelsea brought Lukaku in for £97 m, not really a successful.

Arsenal spent £72m on Pepe. Far from a success.

We are not in their league to spend that sort of money, and even worse write that sort of money off. So, maybe it's time to stand back and reassess, rather than chase the rainbow at any expense.
I wouldn't bother.

Signings under Congerton were no better or no worse than those of nearly any other recruitment head in the league. Like pretty much all recruitment heads, he had big successes and failures. He's just a name that's become a really easy reason to point to for our shortcomings.

It's the duplicity of so many folk being truly excited by Soumarè when we signed him, telling me all season that Daka is a great player and will be excellent, and being really happy at signing an experienced PL defender in Bertrand and then saying that Congerton must be a **** because he brought in all these duffers, that boils my piss. I mean at one point, two posters on here were walking lyrical about Denis Praet being the best midfielder at the club. My point is, that on paper you can absolutely see the logic and understand the thinking behind most of these signings and, added to that the successes of Justin, Fofana and Castagne, it is fair to say he's been okay. Not great, not poor, just okay.

Signings under him were certainly no worse than the likes of Musa, Slimani, Silva, Amartey, Iheanacho (perhaps Mendy?).

Polar Bear, I do apologise.
I had to go back and reread your post.
I thought I read that you wanted us to finish out of the top 10.
Which is why I asked why?

So many negative posts had me on defensive mode, again apologies.
Hah, no worries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570