Match Thread Chelsea (A) FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. That's entirely my goal, to have a moan. Obviously I'm so well known for that. You really are a pompous arse sometimes.

Have I made a personal comment about you?

Do you think that insulting me adds any gravitas to any of you trite comments?

Half time... time for me to go to the Mother's Day meal :(

Hopefully when I check the scores later I'll see we found a way back into the game and put in a dramatic comeback.

Half time... time for me to go to the Mother's Day meal :(

Hopefully when I check the scores later I'll see we found a way back into the game and put in a dramatic comeback.

You're deluded! :icon_lol:

We finished the half much better than we started it. Hoping for an early goal second half.

I think Wellens should join his car sharing mate on the bench and let Marshall on . Also at least Marshall can take a corner. Gallys efforts before he went off never made it past the first defender.

Only Danns is having any decent game and Nugent is holding it up well. Other than that most have looked out classed except Konch going forward. But its no surprise we have been looking vulnerable down our left as hes spending more time trying to attack.

Howard to come on I wonder and play the long ball stuff? Its about the only Plan B that Nigel knows.

Oh well, at least we still have the pla ... oh, hang on.

What, in particular, did you find trite? We can continue this conversation in a more appropriate place if you'd rather. I shouldn't have insulted you, apologies. Needless to say I found your post a little unfair.

I'm watching the game and developing an opinion, a forum seems an appropriate place for that.

I'm not one to moan for moanings sake, and I'm not one to pick at Pearson. Obviously we are expected to lose and I can see the argument of "giving it a go", but I would have preferred to see us play spoiler, keep it tight and ugly. It's how I would have approached the game from the off, and it could well have backfired like the 442 has. Just a personal preference I suppose.

Never mind, I'm sure there'll be something else for you to moan about in the second half.

PLEASE could you explain why anyone questioning Nigel Pearson's decisions is immediately ridiculed? This slavish, "the manager knows best", has never been the attitude (even during Pearson's first stint!)

What, in particular, did you find trite?

I see no point in making "If I were manager I'd have..." comments because none of us are the manager and none of us have the experience. Plus, as has been said, no formation or selection would have guaranteed intrinsic benefits over any other today.

I can not believe that anybody could have expected us to do anything other than huff and puff against one of the best teams in the country. Our greatest hope was for Chelsea to be having an off day - but they are playing superbly.

It would be nice to get a goal in the 2nd, Danns has looked good for one but, whatever the result, I'm not blaming the manager for any 'mistakes'.

I can not believe that anybody could have expected us to do anything other than huff and puff against one of the best teams in the country. Our greatest hope was for Chelsea to be having an off day - but they are playing superbly.

That's not really true though. Chelsea's RESERVES are playing okay, but we're giving them a ridiculous amount of time and space on the ball. Especially in the first 20 mins. There's no real excuse from our side, we've got loads of experience out there and we should be competing much, much better.

I see no point in making "If I were manager I'd have..." comments because none of us are the manager and none of us have the experience. Plus, as has been said, no formation or selection would have guaranteed intrinsic benefits over any other today.

It would be nice to get a goal in the 2nd, Danns has looked good for one but, whatever the result, I'm not blaming the manager for any 'mistakes'.

Different people take different things from sport.

I've always enjoyed the analytical element of it.

That's twice in the matter of minutes Beckford has broken up our attack by trying to be tricky instead of playing it simple.

The left side is over committing time and time again. Leaving huge gaps. Pearson has been tactically been pretty inept in this game.

That's more like it from Dyer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670