Chelsea clinch ?15m Anelka deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

four king power

Not sure he is worth £15 million

Bolton have confirmed terms have been agreed and Anelka will sign a four-and-a-half year contract at Stamford Bridge.

Bolton had earlier rejected a £12m offer from Chelsea for Anelka.

Chelsea are without Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou, who are away at the Africa Cup of Nations, while Andriy Shevchenko has an ankle injury.

Shevchenko and Claudio Pizzaro, their other senior forward, have scored five Premier League goals between them this season.

Bolton boss Gary Megson said: "I have spoken about the situation with Nic and we agreed there is not a massive amount he or I can do.

"It is just as to whether the clubs can reach an agreement. I am still hopeful they can't and he stays here. But that remains to be seen.

"However, the deal has to suit all the parties - the selling club, the buying club and the person involved."

Anelka, who has scored 11 goals in 22 games this term, has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge despite signing a new four-year deal with Bolton last August.

He has made no secret of his desire to play in the Champions League and is still eligible for this season's competition.

Anelka joined Bolton in 2006 from Turkish club Fenerbahce for a club record £8m.

He has also played for Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City in the Premier League and won the Champions League while at Real Madrid.

In his prime at the moment. Chelsea create a shedload of chances, and his pace gives them the chance to play the ball over the top. It all makes sense for them to tell you the truth (And my fantasy team :023:)

great signing if you can afford him. he'll tuck away most chances plus he is very quick

Said on footie focus, most expensive player in history with all his different transfer fees.

Good business for Bolton though, bought for £8mill scored a few goals and processed on for £15mill. Savvy business I reckon.

Said on footie focus, most expensive player in history with all his different transfer fees.

Good business for Bolton though, bought for £8mill scored a few goals and processed on for £15mill. Savvy business I reckon.

Not if they get relegated though.

I see hes already tring to spend it on improving his defence. some things never change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669