Childhood Ambitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck T Masala

Picking up on Newts good news about the progress of his lad on the footie ladder, I wondered what fellow posters held as their first ambitions as a younger people?

As a child I liked the idea of driving trains or buses. I also liked the idea of handling a gun. Then like so many other teenagers I harboured dreams of local heroics playing professional football until I got told to feck off by people that know about these things.

Then I went to a Royal Navy Day in Plymouth with my uncle and my prospective brother-in-law (himself a naval aviator) and the rest is history as they say.

Last edited:
When I was young I wanted to be a Barrister. :icon_wink Now I would like to be a Financial Engineer. :icon_bigg

I wanted to be a Professional Footballer (Goalkeeper) or a Policeman. The football thing was never gonna happen & I saw first hand through my dad how shite the job of a Policeman has become these days so decided against that.

I still have the ambition of fecking off out of this country and owning a bar somewhere in Spain but 3 young kiddies have put that on the back burner for a while.

I wanted to be a pilot or a Jedi. Not done either yet but apparently Leicester Airfield can train you to become a Jedi :icon_cool

I wanted to be a professional footballer or Top chef now I just harbour dreams of fcuking Cheryl Cole :icon_bigg

i wanted to dig up fossils (i was a bit obsessed with dinosaurs)

I wanted to be a superhero for most of my childhood. Then a footballer. When i was at college i thought i wanted to do some sort of teaching.

Obviously, neither of these materialised. I'm not sure i even know what i want to be now!

We only need a Bassist and a Drummer and we could still see them dreams come true.I think there might be a few 'musical differences' rows though:)

I've still got my bass guitars and amp from my old indie days - just a drummer required then.:icon_bigg

i wanted to dig up fossils (i was a bit obsessed with dinosaurs)

But for some less than expected a level results I would have studied archaeology at Leicester Uni, went on to do Multimedia Computing instead, now wish I'd done the other!

I wanted to be a professional footballer or Top chef now I just harbour dreams of fcuking Ashley Cole

Christ on a bike atothez.

But I do think you have a good chance of achieving that....

Last edited:
Own a tropical fish shop, or be a TV Cameraman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669