Choudhury Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
More or less the same thing happened to Andre Gray a few years ago. He got a four match ban.

There's always the chance that he doesn't remember what he said 6 years ago.

... or even that (in common with IMO virtually all sports people who get brought to book, whether by drugs, cheating or sharing dumb assed opinions on the twattersphere) contrition is due more to regret at being caught than anything else.

I don't know what's worse, the crass stupidity of this nonsense of a charge from the FA or the fact it has led me to agree with every single word of a BN post.

I need a shower.

In the Arsenal thread I mocked Emery for his reaction to the sending off of one of his players. Seeing it on Match Of The Day I think he was justified. The behaviour of James Maddison as an adult seems to me more serious than the stupidity of a boy of fifteen.

My guess is that Hamza was repeating unpleasantness that he had heard from a parent or some religious leader. It cannot be emphasized enough that parents have a responsibility to keep their children as far away from religious leaders as possible.

My guess is that Hamza was repeating unpleasantness that he had heard from a parent or some religious leader. It cannot be emphasized enough that parents have a responsibility to keep their children as far away from religious leaders as possible.

Or he was just taking the piss as many youngsters do? I probably said more offensive things in an ironic/jokey way at his age. Fortunately I'm not important so no ****er gives a shit.

I think that suggesting that the racial abuse he himself received should make him less accountable is ridiculous.

By taking action now the comments have come to light the FA has actually done him a favour. If he wasn't seen to be punished the media would make more of it, as it is, it can all be put to bed and never used against him again.

The problem is the media who are are always looking for a story, and will sensationalise anything they find.

Not excusing what he said, but he has responded maturely. Move on.

From the FA.

"Hamza Choudhury has been fined £5,000 and ordered to attend an FA education course by an Independent Regulatory Commission after he admitted to an "aggravated breach" of FA Rule E3(1),"

From the FA.

"Hamza Choudhury has been fined £5,000 and ordered to attend an FA education course by an Independent Regulatory Commission after he admitted to an "aggravated breach" of FA Rule E3(1),"
basically the slap on the wrist then, a bit of common sense has prevailed

Common sense would have been to ignore the whole thing as it’s something a stupid 15 year old kid posted on social media feckin years ago, and recognise that nobody actually cares about it - so go and do some proper feckin work like stopping grassroots football from going down the shitter cos it hasn’t got two ha’pennies to rub together

That would be common sense

as soon as he was charged that wasn't going to happen which is why I said a bit of common sense as its the lowest punishment they can give

Nope, there is no common sense at play here at all

Common sense was a 20th century thing. The world has moved on - not for the better, just onwards.

I have no idea what this is about.
I don't care about the detail either.
When I was a kid, I was drilled that sticks and stones would break my bones but words would never hurt me.
Apparently that was bollocks.
As a Jedi, I am aware that the force of words can have a strong effect on the weak minded.
Are we as a society protecting weakness?
The media have a huge part in this.
An episode of 'Have I got news for you' a while back characterised the BBC as Buggers Broadcasting Communism.
More recently an acquaintance of mine who works in the media said that had moved on to Buggers Bitches and Cripples.

Are we being brainwashed into believing that weakness is a strength?
I am frankly sick of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265