Chris Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its almost common knowledge that MM has spoken to Coleman,I would say its a Possibility

So many names but who do we go for,our biggest problem has been our past managers who could not buy decent players.P Taylor spent Millions on total crap,so for me the main critieria would be can they see the difference between a player and a donkey.This is probally our biggest and last chance so lets make sure the next manager really fits the bill and lets not just go for a "name"

Can someone please let me know why Chris Coleman taking over would specifically be 'disappointing'? Aside from the fact he is Welsh?

He has things to learn, like all managers we will attract, and although perhaps not my out and out first choice, I would not be 'disappointed' by this appointment. Am I missing something here? Fulham have had little or no funding at all ever since Fayed was unable to get approval on re-sizing the ground, and above this, CC's stance on players that were not interested in playing for the shirt was stupendous. I also think had Bullard not broken his leg, and other huge injury problems Fulham had this year then his side would not have been in the position they were in when he was sacked.

Can someone please let me know why Chris Coleman taking over would specifically be 'disappointing'? Aside from the fact he is Welsh?

He has things to learn, like all managers we will attract, and although perhaps not my out and out first choice, I would not be 'disappointed' by this appointment. Am I missing something here? Fulham have had little or no funding at all ever since Fayed was unable to get approval on re-sizing the ground, and above this, CC's stance on players that were not interested in playing for the shirt was stupendous. I also think had Bullard not broken his leg, and other huge injury problems Fulham had this year then his side would not have been in the position they were in when he was sacked.

Damn, there goes my answer. I just can't stand his voice ;) If Ince being a **** is reason enough for some people to not want him then I think Coleman's accent is a good enough excuse for me to not want him.

While Coleman would not be my first choice, as you say, I wouldn't be disappointed if we got him. I think to most people it would seem like a pretty big appointment as well. Had Fulham stable in the Prem, and many thought he was unlucky to be fired when he was. While he's not my first choice, I don't understand why some people are so negative towards Coleman.
In fact I don't know why I'm not more in favour of Coleman... think it is just the accent.. ;)

I think his record in away games is off putting for a lot of people, but not being able to win away games in the Prem doesn't mean he can't in the Fizzy. And to be honest none of the candidates are perfect.

Last edited:

He's exactly the wrong type of manager to come to Leicester at this time. It would be very much like replacing MON with PT. Totally the wrong sort of person and character for what we have and what we need. In addition, he doesn't want the job. Coleman and Ince are red herrings.

He's exactly the wrong type of manager to come to Leicester at this time. It would be very much like replacing MON with PT. Totally the wrong sort of person and character for what we have and what we need. In addition, he doesn't want the job. Coleman and Ince are red herrings.

Red herrings eh? Is there something fishy going on?

Really? What makes you think any of this?

Coleman = Someone who demands effort and passion, he's an upcoming manager who did well at Fulham when many thought he would suffer. Until recently he has been the darling of the SW6 fans.....'Cookie, cookie, cookie..'

I don't think he doesn't want the job, but is professional and won't be drawn in to conjecture.

Coleman's supporters might like to read what Sylvain Distain had to say about him in this article. Particularly the bit where he says:

"The work was different when Tigana was in charge. It was more intense - but under Coleman the training sessions were shorter, he did not work us as hard and we were given more days off. I found it very strange because I wanted to work harder and the players lacked fitness."

Isn't that exactly the sort of problem that we are trying to get rid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669