Chris Kirkland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only Kirkland's poor record of injuries that has stopped him establishing himself as England's undisputed number 1. If we could get him here permanently it will be a great signing.

He played nearly every game for Wigan last year, and was dropped due to poor form, not for being injury prone. He is not good enough for England

I don't know whether he would do any good for us - but I do know that he's never been good enough to be considered a worthy contender to be the England No1. And I know that anyone who tells the Mercury that effectively his family wasted their money in buying tickets for our games when it turned out he wasn't going to play isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the draw. And I also know that anyone who claims that they couldn't move but a few days ago due to a re-occuring back injury , isn't exactly going to inspire confidence on a cold match day.

Regretably Weale is accident prone and so we really do need a new keeper - and try to get back to the days when Leicester largely built their strength on having a class keeper.

I don't know whether he would do any good for us - but I do know that he's never been good enough to be considered a worthy contender to be the England No1. And I know that anyone who tells the Mercury that effectively his family wasted their money in buying tickets for our games when it turned out he wasn't going to play isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the draw. And I also know that anyone who claims that they couldn't move but a few days ago due to a re-occuring back injury , isn't exactly going to inspire confidence on a cold match day.

Regretably Weale is accident prone and so we really do need a new keeper - and try to get back to the days when Leicester largely built their strength on having a class keeper.

I agree with this but we have to remember that Kirkland is only a loanski so if it goes tits up we can get rid. :icon_wink

Last edited:
An injury free Kirkland would be an England first choice for me. No doubt his recent form has been affected by his back. He's clearly all but finished as a pro but don't doubt his talent.

More than a class keeper. When I started watching Leicester they had replaced the best goalkeeper in the world by a young man who clearly was going to become the best goalkeeper in the world. This was a 19 year old who commanded his area bossed top class defender (Sjoberg and Cross) With all due repect to Banks (who I never saw at Leicester), Schmeichel and Seaman Peter Shilton was the best goalkeeper I have ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this but we have to remember that Kirkland is only a loanski so if it goes tits up we can get rid. :icon_wink

True - but I think that Kirkland is a blind alley as far as finding a replacement for Weale is concerned. Still Sven will know that better than anyone.

More than a class keeper. When I started watching Leicester they had replaced the best goalkeeper in the world by a young man who clearly was going to become the best goalkeeper in the world. This was a 19 year old who commanded his area bossed top class defender (Sjoberg and Cross) With all due repect to Banks (who I never saw at Leicester), Schmeichel and Seaman Peter Shilton was the best goalkeeper I have ever seen.

Sadly, I can recall seeing both Banks and Shilton at Leicester - and even more sadly previous keepers right back to the likes of Johnny Anderson and even Tommy Godwin.

I really couldn't differentiate between Banks and Shilton. If I picked a best Leicester team, I'd put in Shilton only on the basis that he was Leicester born.

Played what is it 3?, conceded what is it, 7? Not good enough.

Bye. What a complete waste of time and money.

Not good enough at Championship level. Get rid Sven. :006:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670