• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later In The Season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

Should we give Chris O'Grady a chance now that he has returned from Notts County? I say that we should as a sub to see if he can hack championship football.

londonfox said:
How did he get on at Notts County???

didnt do well i heard

On-loan striker Chris O'Grady has returned to his parent club Leicester City today, after a three-month loan spell at Meadow Lane drew to a close.

O'Grady joined Notts for an original month back on September 23, with then-manager Gary Mills sending fellow striker Shaun Harrad out to Tamworth to make room for the England schoolboy international.

O'Grady then enjoyed a promising start to his Notts career, setting up a goal for Glynn Hurst on his debut at Rochdale, before impressing in his home debut - a 2-1 defeat against Leyton Orient.

The Leicester forward was frequently changing positions with Gavin Gordon, but was given the nod over the big ex-Cardiff man for the crucial local derby at Mansfield Town. Unfortunately, O'Grady was unable to make much of an impact in that fixture and Gordon then went on to cement his position upfront alongside Hurst.

Despite this, Mills had been sufficently impressed by the 18-year-old's contribution to extend his loan by another two months.

However, the Nottingham-born player made just one start in that time - during the recent 1-0 defeat at home to Wycombe - and suffered as a result of Mills' 'demotion'.

In all, he made a total of 11 appearences for the Magpies. We wish Chris all the best in his future footballing career.

Link

it doesnt look like he made much of an impact at notts and that being the case i dont see that hed be likely to make much of an impact 2 divisions higher

Give him a go. We will be no worse than we are now for front men. :roll: :p :? :wink:

So he's better than Scowcroft and Connolly,thats why he couldn't get in the Notts County first team.The Notts County who are near the bottom of Div 2 and you want him up front in the Championship?...get real.You are saying that neither Scowcroft nor Connolly could get in the Notts County team ?

highland fox said:
So he's better than Scowcroft and Connolly,thats why he couldn't get in the Notts County first team.The Notts County who are near the bottom of Div 2 and you want him up front in the Championship?...get real.You are saying that neither Scowcroft nor Connolly could get in the Notts County team ?

Is this assessment of Scowcroft and Connolly based on current performance or past reputation :?: :?

Current performance.Scowcroft may not warrant a first team place at the moment but you tell me why O'Grady is better?What is your evidence,exactly how many goals did he score in Div 2 ?

I might be wrong but I believe the question was 'Should O'Grady be given a chance?'.

highland fox said:
Current performance.Scowcroft may not warrant a first team place at the moment but you tell me why O'Grady is better?What is your evidence,exactly how many goals did he score in Div 2 ?

Now we have agreed that current performance may not be an absolute reason to get a place in the current side (and how bad is that), however good or bad O'Grady may be he qualifies in the same way as Scowcroft and is likely to do little harm. Give O'Grady a go you know it makes sense. :wink:

Whatever...O'Grady and Wright up front that will solve the problem :roll:

How can throwing in an untried kid solve our attacing problems?

You blood your youngsters when you are on the up, when things are going well.

The boy would just fold under the pressure.

Everyone is make assumptions here. Now is the time for CL to try something different, no pressure, and see what occurs. :wink:

Without wishing to sound too controversial, but hasnt O'Grady just returned from a loan spell at league two Notts County, didnt he also fail to score in that loan spell, by my reckoning he needs to come back try and force himself into the reserves starting line up, prove himself there and then maybe be given an opportunity in the first team. What has he done so far and why are people clamouring for him to get in the side, I know we are struggling up front at present but is O'Grady really the answer, IMO we are definately clutching at straws.

Asked a County Fan

who said..."Imagine the explosive force of a 1 centimetre square piece of tissue paper striking an elephant, that’s the impact he made"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669