CITY PLAYERS CLEARED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunc said:
I've emailed:

I suppose a full retraction of the above in this weeks edition isn't going to happen, The Mirror has apologised once this week already. However I feel you should offer apologies to the players. Maybe next time you will await the full facts before printing such an inflammatory article.

The girls had no DNA evidence and sold their story to a National Newspaper. Is there going to be an article coming up on the actions of these women undermining the real victims who get little support because of 'ladies' like the three you defended. Or is it just a case that the footballers in this case shouldn't have been there at 4am?

I think that just as women acting in this way do little to encourage the real victims of rape, and that they are the true "imbecilic" persons in this case and with newspapers such as yourselves writing trash like the above they will always be "safe in the knowledge they're answerable to no one". Your description of all footballers as "violent, aggressive, drunken misogynistic, socially inept morons who shouldn't be out on their own, let alone be representing a Premiership club" is not a fair assumption either, unless every story that emerges of this nature results in a criminal conviction.

"But has anyone stopped to think why it's only footballers who are the sexual sickos. You don't get this kind of Neanderthal behaviour in rubgy or other sports where the players earn buckets of money."
Sorry to prove you wrong again, but look at Rugby Players and Australian Rules Football players in Australia for allegations backed up with fact.
I'm tempted to call it feminist clap trap, but I think bandwagon jumping is more accurate.

I welcome a response to the points raised, I might be biased as a Leicester City fan but I feel strongly that many articles, not just your own and by the Mirror, were simply examples of journalism at its laziest. A case of sell as many papers as possible, regardless of the facts.

Well said Dunc, cracking email. She will be well pissed off.

Joe_Fox you fookin legend, brilliant stuff.

I have waited along time for this to happen, everyone who doubted these players should hang their heads in shame and perhaps rape yourself at the same time.

"I've recently read your appalling article entitled "Soccer Yobs Pay Penalty". Do you seriously get paid to write such drivel?

I'd just like to quote one of your sentences:

"Because whatever these morons at Leicester end up being charged with - is irrelevant."

You my friend are the short sighted moron, who judged three innocent men before they even when to trial.

It seems to me you are very jealous of footballers, do you secretly wish you were born a boy?

Regards"

LS6_Fox said:
"I've recently read your appalling article entitled "Soccer Yobs Pay Penalty". Do you seriously get paid to write such drivel?

I'd just like to quote one of your sentences:

"Because whatever these morons at Leicester end up being charged with - is irrelevant."

You my friend are the short sighted moron, who judged three innocent men before they even when to trial.

It seems to me you are very jealous of footballers, do you secretly wish you were born a boy?

Regards"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Craig said:
Steven said:
Joe_Fox said:
I sent this one:

Dear wanker,

I hope you get raped soon,

Twat,

Joe_Fox

Er, I hope you didn't... :? :? :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHAHAHA funniest post of the year, well done Joe_Fox :wink:

Cheers everyone! I thought it was concise and fair really.

Sorry Pet Rescue, they`re INNOCENT !!! bet that`s pissed you off no end, good news really upsets you does`nt it :twisted:

Like WHO ??????????????????????????????????? Bluddy hope your not refering to me :!:

I've also emailed

Carol,

I don’t read your ‘newspaper’ anymore due to it being filled with complete garbage, but friends of mine pointed out this piece of writing to me on an Internet forum on the day it was published in the Mirror.

I remember at the time, we Leicester fans were in a state of shock at the allegations, but although we feared the worst, nobody I talked to jumped to any conclusions about the guilt or innocence of the men. The general feeling was that we would support them until the allegations were PROVEN.

Having now concluded that the allegations were totally fabricated by these women, I wondered whether you would consider retracting large portions of this story, or apologising to the players involved.

Maybe you should print another story warning innocent footballers about the dangers of women – who are all gold digging, money grabbing, cry-rape prostitutes who should clean up their act. I realise that this is a gross generalisation, but if you can do it, then what the hell, I will as well.

In conclusion, I know that you are unlikely to respond to any complaints about your column. You will continue peddling your comic-book opinion to the gossip generation without a care for the people you are writing about, but I thought I would write to you anyway in the vain attempt that you might have a conscience and publicly admit how appalling this article really is.

Regards

Bobby Smith said:
Anyone remember this article?

A few of us Mailed Carole Malone of the Mirror about it's content.
You could do it again if you wish, [email protected]
Drivel

dear carole
shock horror! perhaps 'lack of evidence' meant there wasn't much evidence around
with journalism like that, no wonder the two million mark has been breached

regards

ol

Isn't it obvious it was a rival Premier League club who paid these women to set our players up so we would get relegated and they would have a chance of escaping it? Let's face it, any club that is millions of pounds in debt can afford to spend a few grand on hired prostitutes.....

I wrote a letter, oh yes, a letter I did write - Malone, have some of my poisoned pen, you schlaaaaggggg.....

Leigh said:
Joe_Fox said:
I sent this one:

Dear wanker,

Twat,

Joe_Fox

:? I'm so glad certain people find the idea of rape amusing.

Of course we don't find 'rape' ammusing, but it was a joke! It related to her story and the fact that these women who cry rape give a bad name to women and when a person does get raped, they are either scared to report it or aren't believed anyway unless there is enough evidence because plenty of women are crying rape these days. Lighten up

Malf said:
Leigh said:
Joe_Fox said:
I sent this one:

Dear wanker,

Twat,

Joe_Fox

Of course we don't find 'rape' ammusing, but it was a joke! It related to her story and the fact that these women who cry rape give a bad name to women and when a person does get raped, they are either scared to report it or aren't believed anyway unless there is enough evidence because plenty of women are crying rape these days. Lighten up

Totally correct, It was a ridiculous comment to make, I made it to 'mirror' the ridiculous article that was published in the press. If you can't understand that then it's not my fault. Oh, by the way, I've edited the original post so that it doesn't offend any of you. :roll:

Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Leigh said:
Joe_Fox said:
I sent this one:

Dear wanker,

Twat,

Joe_Fox

Totally correct, It was a ridiculous comment to make, I made it to 'mirror' the ridiculous article that was published in the press. If you can't understand that then it's not my fault. Oh, by the way, I've edited the original post so that it doesn't offend any of you. :roll:

Just because I called you up on your 'joke' and you realise now that it isn't funny doesn't mean you can start belittling me by saying I lack 'understanding' to devalue my point and put yourself in the right. Thank you for changing it.

Leigh said:
Just because I called you up on your 'joke' and you realise now that it isn't funny doesn't mean you can start belittling me by saying I lack 'understanding' to devalue my point and put yourself in the right. Thank you for changing it.

I'm not belittling you or devaluing your point. It wasn't a joke, it was meant to be a ridiculous comment. I can't see why you thought it was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263