City Reserves 5 - 1 Notts County Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

From the OS. :icon_wink

City Reserves 5 - 1 Notts County Reserves
Posted on: Tue 16 Nov 2010

Chris Powell's experienced reserve line-up recorded an emphatic result at Belvoir Drive in a match where a number of players made a good impression in front of the watching Sven-Goran Eriksson. Establshed first teamers, trialists and academy starlets were all on show as the Foxes second string bagged five against the Magpies.

Franck Moussa, Bruno Berner and Michael Lamey were all on target while trialist, Razak Omotoyossi and in-form Academy star, Jeff Schlupp also hit the net.

A first-half blitz set up City Reserves for a convincing 5-1 win over Notts County in the friendly game at Belvoir Drive this afternoon.

The line-up included three trialists, goalkeeper Joslain Mayebi, Elias Kyriakidis and Razak Omotoyossi along with several seasoned first-team players and the home side quickly proved too strong for the visitors.

The rout started in the 8th minute when Franck Moussa cut in from the left to blast home a great shot, and soon after it was nearly two when a Matty Fryatt lob was only just saved by the keeper. An amazing scoring burst then set City up. First, in the 15th minute, a superb cross-field pass from Kyriakidis was met first time by Bruno Berner whose volley flew into the net.

Two minutes later, the Magpies replied through Luke Rodgers but less than a minute later the two-goal lead was restored when, from a long-throw by Robbie Neilson, Omotoyossi brilliantly chipped the keeper.

Matty Fryatt then had a run of chances which could easily have yielded a hat-trick but keeper David Grof was in superb form to thwart him. In the 37th minute, a corner by Texeira was not cleared and Michael Lamey took full advantage by finding the net from inside the area.

That is how it stood at the break and for the restart City made four changes, meaning a re-jigged back four of Neilson, Lamey, Parkes and Luke Young but the momentum still lay with City even though it took a great full-length save by Mayebi to tip a Matt Marshall shot over the bar.

Eight minutes from time, City rounded it all off when in-form Academy prospect, Jeff Schlupp, on for Omotoyossi, was set up by Leon Crncic for a fine finish.

Reserves coach, Chris Powell, was delighted at the outcome and the performance and said: "From minute one the attitude of all the players was outstanding.

I asked for a good start and got that. We really acquitted ourselves well with a team who had a number of first-team lads, three trialists and one or two of the Reserves squad, a side which had just come together without time to work on things.

I could not fault them at half-time apart from the goal we conceded but over the 90 minutes for us to run out 5-1 winners was great.

"We needed this game for various reasons and whoever was out ther,e I couldn't fault them. I would like to thank Notts County for giving us this game when we had to cancel the intended fixture against Huddersfield. I am going to endeavour to get as many games as I can. It would be great to play week-in and week-out but it is not possible."

City: Mayebi, Neilson, Berner, Kyriakidis, Morrison, Parkes, Lamey, Teixeira, Fryatt, Omotoyossi, Moussa
Subs: Ambrusics, O'Neill (46 for Berner), Crncic (46 for Fryatt), Schlupp (71 for Omotoyossi). Verma (46 for Morrison), Milnes (71 for Kyriakidis), Hicks (46 for Moussa)

Notts County: Grof; J Thompson, Hunt, Bishop, Pearce, Sodje, Marshall, Hughes, Rodgers, Burgess, Nunes.
Subs: Fox (46 for Nunes), Whiteley (68 for Bishop), Rowley (75 for Pearce), Smith (65 for Marshall), Mitchell (80 for Grof), Jarvis (52 for Burgess).

Referee: M Scriven.

"....I am going to endeavour to get as many games as I can. It would be great to play week-in and week-out but it is not possible."

I am delighted to read that. I was really disappointed that we did not enter a reserve league and this seems to be the next best thing. :038:

It's the only one I could find that has a :p appearence.

09.gif
:102:

http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/smileys.php

Last edited:
? can anyone stick there neck out and say we could well be keeping any of those guys on trail today?
I still feel we need a goalkeeper,sorry but i dont trust conrad logan anymore,

? can anyone stick there neck out and say we could well be keeping any of those guys on trail today?
I still feel we need a goalkeeper,sorry but i dont trust conrad logan anymore,

Only Sven knows the answer to that. The player has to be better than we already have or else Sven has said that he is not interested. :icon_bigg

"Matty Fryatt then had a run of chances which could easily have yielded a hat-trick but keeper David Grof was in superb form to thwart him."

'Superb form' did not stop him letting in 5 from the also-ran strikers.

SGE - Fryatt - Cow's Arse - Banjo - Get Rid - Spend the money on someone who can score goals week in , week out, not just in the couple of weeks before his contract is re-negotiated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669