City to date....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

Hi guys, I've not posted on here for a while because to be honest I've not enthusiasm for the City this season. (Prices, signings....etc) The signings we made again suggest a lack of a long term plan. However my one game to date was the Sheff Utd home game, where I felt for 75 minutes we looked a decent side but then panicked like **** for the last 15 and nearly blew it. I just wondered what people's views are on the problems we have. I feel that when sides like Burnley 'park their bus in front of the goal' it becomes incredibly difficult, especially when the side lacks creativity (we are long ball charlies) and therefore frustration creeps in. I feel the next two away games are winnable and being away from the Walkers should help. Anyone have views on why we are going wrong? I personally like Micky Adams and wouldn't lay blame at his door.

I personally like Micky Adams and wouldn't lay blame at his door

It's got nothing to with him, of course

It's them little green pixies who are to blame.
If you didn't know it is they who buy the players, train the players, tell the players what tactics to operate, pick the players, motivate the players, and make the substitutions during the game.

Nothing to do with Micky or Corky so lay off them

Pixies Out
Pixies Out

wibble.......

homer said:

If you didn't know it is they who buy the players, train the players, tell the players what tactics to operate, pick the players, motivate the players, and make the substitutions during the game.

Pixies Out
Pixies Out

wibble.......

Post of the century! :lol:

And of course Micky's tactics when 3-0 up are panic like hell, try and concede at least 3 goals, preferably 4. And when an away team puts 10 men behind the ball make sure you don't score and give them the point they have come for....

The players cross that white line, kick the ball, etc, etc. I really don't know why Adams doesn't find somewhere who appreciates what he is attempting to do. Mission Impossible 3? Even if we get up if we don't spend anything we'll be an absolute laughing stock. If my board had done to me what Adams has had to put up with I wouldn't be hanging around. Ambition, of, lack. Rearrange.

homer said:
to do with Micky or Corky so lay off them

Pixies Out
Pixies Out

Yeah, take your punkish rock and roll and your debaser and feck off you bloody pixies!

dannyboy said:
Even if we get up if we don't spend anything we'll be an absolute laughing stock. If my board had done to me what Adams has had to put up with I wouldn't be hanging around. Ambition, of, lack. Rearrange.

I think that is why some of us are a bit fed up this season, I personally don't see anything on the horizon for City by just reaching the Prem. There doesn't seem to be much of a long term plan from LCFC, it's mainly 'lets try to get up and get some cash in'. I don't blame Micky for that, he is under massive pressure to produce another promotion but the style of footy we are (being forced?) playing is ugly and certainly won't bring the cash in that our board need from attendances. On a positive note I believe the signings of Connolly and Williams will work for us long term.

Lets hope things become more positive in the next 10 games.

homer said:

Pixies Out
Pixies Out

Fairy good that one!!. Is anyone flogging tee-shirts?

wibble.......

dannyboy wrote

Hi guys, I've not posted on here for a while because to be honest I've not enthusiasm for the City this season. (Prices, signings....etc) The signings we made again suggest a lack of a long term plan. However my one game to date was the Sheff Utd home game, where I felt for 75 minutes we looked a decent side but then panicked like **** for the last 15 and nearly blew it. I just wondered what people's views are on the problems we have. I feel that when sides like Burnley 'park their bus in front of the goal' it becomes incredibly difficult, especially when the side lacks creativity (we are long ball charlies) and therefore frustration creeps in. I feel the next two away games are winnable and being away from the Walkers should help. Anyone have views on why we are going wrong? I personally like Micky Adams and wouldn't lay blame at his door.

were else would you lay the blame?.it also shows you how low we have became,when it comes to being more happy to play away than home,what happened to fortress walkers.

you will find a lot of teams will come to our place and shut up shop,this shows you how tactically inept adams is,surely when a team plays shutup,you play with width.unfortunately we lack in that department,unless adams rectifys that,we are allways going to struggle.
kevin harper will be a big asset if he can beat a man and cross it,but he is only here short term,so there seems to be no quick fix. so it looks like a long winter ahead.

step said:
will the pixies take adams with them

They are a jealous bunch and seeing as Micky is away with the fairies, I'd say a pixie assisination attempt is more likely. Look out for the lucky gems Micky.

Bobby Smith said:
dannyboy said:
Even if we get up if we don't spend anything we'll be an absolute laughing stock. If my board had done to me what Adams has had to put up with I wouldn't be hanging around. Ambition, of, lack. Rearrange.

I think that is why some of us are a bit fed up this season, I personally don't see anything on the horizon for City by just reaching the Prem. There doesn't seem to be much of a long term plan from LCFC, it's mainly 'lets try to get up and get some cash in'. I don't blame Micky for that, he is under massive pressure to produce another promotion but the style of footy we are (being forced?) playing is ugly and certainly won't bring the cash in that our board need from attendances. On a positive note I believe the signings of Connolly and Williams will work for us long term.

Yeah i'd back the signings of Williams and Connolly, the little Irish fella has banged in goals everywhere else he's been so I would say we don't create enough for him rather than the goal drought being his personal lack of quality. I'd like to see Heath and Wright in the side, a season in the championship would do them no harm. If you then include Stewart and have a look at Stearman then I would be more positive about things. Give youth a chance...

dannyboy said:
Bobby Smith said:
dannyboy said:

Don't know about Stewart but overall go for it. Youth, quality and tactics which enable quality players to thrive is definitely the way to a better long term future. If it means an extra season or two developing then fair enough but the present approach is blinkered. In the unlikely event of us going up we'd need a whole new team again and then another one the year after when we come down. Truth is we've GOT TO develop some players of our own and have faith in them. That, after all, is what good coaches do.

Yeah i'd back the signings of Williams and Connolly, the little Irish fella has banged in goals everywhere else he's been so I would say we don't create enough for him rather than the goal drought being his personal lack of quality. I'd like to see Heath and Wright in the side, a season in the championship would do them no harm. If you then include Stewart and have a look at Stearman then I would be more positive about things. Give youth a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566