Citys captain this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bother then Fitz? What makes your pessimism of the forthcoming season any more 'factual' than someone else's views?

A few points please, why is Mr Pearson's record so shite? At which point was Matt Oakley captain last year?

they aren't factual, we don't know what to expect and thats why being ridiculously over the top about how great we are in the three points i made is daft. nothing is there to make it look like the seasons going to be rosy, but then I don't see too much to prove that it'll be shite. Pearson's only real managerial job was carlisle where he was wank. you don't need to be captain to be a leader, plenty footballers are leaders that aren't captain

add to that Oakley being a 'natural leader' it should have come naturally i would guess, not through instruction

Last edited:
Yes. Perhaps you can include all of the paragraph and give a sensible answer to the question posed.
My own personal response would be:

If you go into work and your supervisor isn't doing a very good job, and you know you can do better, then work with him. Support him and make sure you do the jobs he can't, but most importantly let your bosses see what you are doing, and how well you are working towards improving the team without undermining your supervisor.

Yes. Perhaps you can include all of the paragraph and give a sensible answer to the question posed.

if you honestly believe you can't help motivate your team unless you have an armband then I can't see how a sensible answer would help any more than my initial response.....as for the rest of the paragraph, it doesn't really work comparing football motivating and normal work situations

Why bother then Fitz?

Why ask? I can't see where i've said that next season will be shite, just that I can't see where all the optimism is coming from....next season could be good, could be bad and I for one will not make daft assumptions like many have with nothing to give evidence that it will be a good one

My own personal response would be:

If you go into work and your supervisor isn't doing a very good job, and you know you can do better, then work with him. Support him and make sure you do the jobs he can't, but most importantly let your bosses see what you are doing, and how well you are working towards improving the team without undermining your supervisor.

Fair point. However I remember the interview he did when he came and when questioned about the captaincy he said that he had already been told by the Clown that he would not be the captain at Leicester. Was then overlooked when Clemence was injured. Not exactly motivation for him. I do take the point though he could have done more. Whether he could have led the team better than others given the armband last season we will never know but with the clown's tactics we were ****ed anyway.

clown's tactics we were ****ed anyway.

didn't think he had any tactics to be honest, just put out some players and had to stick his mate Barry in somewhere.....anywhere would do. he probably had a keepers jersey printed with 'Hayles' on the back just in case

Last edited:
didn't think he had any tactics to be honest, just put out some players and had to stick his mate Barry in somewhere.....anywhere would do. he probably had a keepers jersey printed with 'Hayles' on the back just in case

:icon_lol:

Because I have sat through four seasons of shit, and not one of the players has "grabbed the bull by the horns" and tried to motivate the players on the pitch, organise them, or indeed just gave them any encouragement at all. Not one player will put his arm round another, scream at another, or applaud another.

When we go in front, there is nothing vocal from any players telling everybody to sit tight and hold on to the lead, no arm waving, no gesturing, no fist clenching. When we are down, there is not one player rushing to get the ball from out of touch, no urgency, and no cohesion between the players.

The players seem to just plod along on the pitch without lead, or example.

Paddy Mcarthy was the only one i can recall that really got fired up and looked like he would die for the team. Appreciate he perhap didn't have enough ability, but he was by far and away the most committed player we have had here. Agree with all of your post though.

why is Mr Pearson's record so shite?
Who knows, maybe he's not had the right players, maybe he's had outside interference, or maybe he's not any good. But you can't argue with the fact that his record is crap, I just hope his record is false and he'll do a good job for us.
The signs so far are promising, but he's not played a competitive game yet so it's too early to judge anything.

At which point was Matt Oakley captain last year?

You don't have to be captain to show leadership qualities.

Last edited:
Well, his last job was a success keeping Southampton up....The players I saw yesterday looked good (but yes, we've all fallen in to the pre-season overly positive trap before I know) and I have to now hope that the likes of Pearson, Walsh and Shakespeare can start breathing a life back to our club which has been rotting for years now.

The thought it may not work is totally depressing, as that could lead to a very serious problem at our club.

Suddenly the likes of Oakley simply have to perform....the likes of Gradel and Morrison look good but the proof will be in the pudding come December when we're travelling to Carlisle and Leeds.

Here's hoping for a good start and a few back to back wins. Essential IMO.

Has the captain been announced yet? Thought it would've been done before the first game of the season.

So maybe Clemence is staying as "club captain"... probably with Oakley standing in and then taking over if/when Clem fecks off.

Has the captain been announced yet? Thought it would've been done before the first game of the season.

So maybe Clemence is staying as "club captain"... probably with Oakley standing in and then taking over if/when Clem fecks off.

It was announced as Oakley the other day.

Edit: scratch that it was just Newts info so who knows

Last edited:
Should make Dickov Captain IMO
Don't agree with forwards being captains. Forwards should be running into space, and mainly playing with their backs to the rest of the team.

Central midfielder or Central defender for me.

Don't agree with forwards being captains. Forwards should be running into space, and mainly playing with their backs to the rest of the team.

yup i agree with that

It was more meant that he has something that our side has lacked for a long long time...passion and he might be able to pass it on.I can't see anybody in the Squad who has what is required

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670