CL snooping around at Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the word up here at Tynecastle is that CL is snooping around some of our squad in the hopes of taking them down to LCFC.
A brief outline on who he may be looking at are.
de Vreis: out of contact at the end of season, not playing well at the moment, very injury prone, big guy though and does have some tallent, good target man and has decent ball control on the deck. Personally i will not be bothered if he leaves as his attitude at the moment sucks.
Maybury: well i am sure some of you remember him from Leeds, excellent player, great commitment, can play right or left back, can see Hearts fighting to keep him, at least i hope so. He is back in the ROI squad also.
Kisnorbo: or skippy on ice as some fans call him. Ok player can do a decent job in most positions but a great job in none. Australian International, but fell out of favour with the international team after withdrawing from the Olympic team in favour of club commitments. Would we miss him, probably not much.
Webster: No chance of getting him thankfully, under contract, happy and we would miss him in our defence.
Gordon: Scotlands No1 keeper at 21, under contact until 2007 (nice bit of work by CL before he left) no chance of leaving
Stamp: I am sure alot of you remember Phil from Middelsborough, decent player but always overweight. Been quite injury prone recently, out of contract and would probably be willing to leave. You can have him, it would free up a big chunk of wages for us.

In fact we have a whole team of out of contract players but i would imagine at least 8 or 9 will deffinetly stay with the bigger money earners, or grabbers as the case may be, leaving.

There is also alot of speculation up here that Crawford (Plymouth) is likely to return north with Hearts in the running to sign him. Not sure about the guy he was alright up here but not top quality. Has anyone seen him play this season and how would you rate him at the moment.

Crawford has not really settled in to English Football.Against us he was out of the game and i cant remebr him touching the ball.Might be alrite for your team a decent striker in the SPL

I think Levy will go for Maybury, he's already said he's interested.

I don't think it would be any of the others, perhaps de Vries. I don't think we could afford Webster. What about Pressley?

I've seen a few Hearts games, & one guy stuck out for me. Robbie Nielson. How do you Hearts fans rate him then? The only thing is with him though is we have players similar to him.

Many thanks for all your comments there Mr Scottish Wine!!!

Do you fancy Blake and Makin for Maybury and de Vries?

Kopite said:
Crawford has not really settled in to English Football.Against us he was out of the game and i cant remebr him touching the ball.Might be alrite for your team a decent striker in the SPL

Personaly i dont rate the guy, i see him as either a good Scottish First Div player or a backup forward for SPL clubs. How he got a game for Scotland beggers belief. But then we did have THAT German in charge.

Who-Izzet said:
I think Levy will go for Maybury, he's already said he's interested.

I don't think it would be any of the others, perhaps de Vries. I don't think we could afford Webster. What about Pressley?

I've seen a few Hearts games, & one guy stuck out for me. Robbie Nielson. How do you Hearts fans rate him then? The only thing is with him though is we have players similar to him.

I think Pressley will stay, all things are pointing towards it, he wants to his family want him to and Hearts want him to. So good nows for us there.

Robbie is a great prospect in my view, not one shared by all Hearts fans though. CL did rate him quite highly though, he has some pace and gets invovled, fantastic throw on him also. Not sure what kind of job he would do at LCFC though.

alex said:

Maybury we are desperate to hold onto, de Vreis as said earlier can go. His attitude stinks at the moment. Diving around, arguing etc etc. Seems players out of contract no longer try harder to get a new one or to attract the eye of another club. He has been linked with many clubs down south though. Way to many to mention, clubs from both the Premiership and championship. Where he ends up, who knows, but i doubt it will be with Hearts.

As for blake and Makin :shock: :)

Fine Scottish Wine said:
alex said:

Maybury we are desperate to hold onto, de Vreis as said earlier can go. His attitude stinks at the moment. Diving around, arguing etc etc. Seems players out of contract no longer try harder to get a new one or to attract the eye of another club. He has been linked with many clubs down south though. Way to many to mention, clubs from both the Premiership and championship. Where he ends up, who knows, but i doubt it will be with Hearts.

As for blake and Makin :shock: :)

So did CL have them on a short leash? Seems to me he had the players under control at Herts, but im not so sure about now. Thing is our team is made up of a lot of formerly very good players and they will think they are bigger than the managment - for the time being. I like Cl's comment about throwng thing around he dressing room, apparently MON used to have players up the wall by their throats!

Comeon MON! What a guy, thats the way it should be done if your players arn't pulling their weight.

de Vries looked good in the past for you though eh? What was he like then under CL? Not seen alot of him.

Another player which CL favoured was Hartley. Isn't he a right winger? Do you think he could step into Division 1?

Robbie Nielson would be much better than Stewart taking throwings then, didn't know he took long throws. I remember a Tranmere player scaring the life out of us with one of them years back.

pressleys stayin im sure, as are gordon and webster. hopefully anyway...
maybury i think will go to u for reasons stated in other threads. de vries? no bothered, lazy feckin ........
funny you shold mention robbie neilson me and my bro were discussing him the other day. 2 years ago he was in the team covering injuries and he was apalling. absolutely terrible, looked like a hockey player or something. couldnt tackle the washin up and couldnt pass water. then he went out on loan and came back as a megacyborg. hes forced levein then robbo to play maybury, a player we all love and admire and an international for a good country, out of position. hes been absolutely phenomenal, and more importantly, hes another one who'll give u every ounce of sweat he possibly can
what im saying is go away go away go away lol stop being a more attractive prospect than the jambos!!
leave the neilsonator!!

just noticed hartley mentioned too. no. stay away. ours.
he was a rite winger when with hibs a few years ago but he was gash ( :lol: ) but played in middle for us and hes superb. player most deserving of caps just now IMO
pretty sure hes got another year on his contract anyway and we'd want a decent fee for him if he was leaving

The only players i can see actualy leaving are de Vreis, Stamp and maybe Kisnorbo. I think the rest will be happy to stay if the club wants them and has not already brought in a replacement. Come the end of the season though who knows. It is all up in the air at Tynecastle at the moment, in the next month or two things should be clearer as to who will own our club, where we will be playing next season and how much money we will have to spend in the summer.

highland fox said:
we've already got one Pieman. :wink:
how long is his contract for? can't see cl offering a new one to him. :?

highland fox said:
You can keep Stamp thanks very much,we've already got one Pieman. :wink:

Yeah but stamp can eat more pies than your pieman. :lol: Only problem is it shows.
Pity really as he is not to bad, if he kept the weight off he may have been a better player.

Fine Scottish Wine said:
highland fox said:
You can keep Stamp thanks very much,we've already got one Pieman. :wink:

Yeah but stamp can eat more pies than your pieman. :lol: Only problem is it shows.
Pity really as he is not to bad, if he kept the weight off he may have been a better player.

Do you think Maybury is coming to the foxes?

ah youngscot man I think he would do us nicely. I've seen him twice & I would say he looked solid.

We have the GREAT Trevor Benjamin we could always do a swap deal with. Cost £1m too, so he must be good right?

You've got some good players at Hearts, looks like Levy has done a good job there, I hope he can do it for us. One hell of a squad size aswell!

What I wanna know is if Levy came back for a visit, would you all cheer him? like we would O'Neill?

Have any of you guys seen much of Craig Rocastle at Hibs? on loan from Chelski.

thered b no boos from this end anyways, i have the utmost respect for levein and thank him for sorting us out. i havent seen rocastle this season but the word from easter road is that hes a quality player improving all the time

Yeah I've read a few articles on him & he sounds a very bright prospect, but one that will never get a chance at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669