Claude Puel Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
a classy statement from Claude

"I would like to thank everyone that I worked with at Leicester City Football Club. It was a privilege to work with the players, the staff and the management.

"I would also like to thank the fans for their fantastic support as well as their understanding as the team developed.

"I really appreciate the willingness to learn and work ethic of all of the players and I have no doubt that they will all have bright futures.

"It was my honour to work for the late and much loved Khun Vichai, who gave me the fantastic opportunity to manage his club and share some great moments with him.

"My mission at Leicester City Football Club ends here but I will continue to follow the performances of the team and wish the club all the best for the future."

a classy statement from Claude

"I would like to thank everyone that I worked with at Leicester City Football Club. It was a privilege to work with the players, the staff and the management.

"I would also like to thank the fans for their fantastic support as well as their understanding as the team developed.

"I really appreciate the willingness to learn and work ethic of all of the players and I have no doubt that they will all have bright futures.

"It was my honour to work for the late and much loved Khun Vichai, who gave me the fantastic opportunity to manage his club and share some great moments with him.

"My mission at Leicester City Football Club ends here but I will continue to follow the performances of the team and wish the club all the best for the future."

Now I want him back.

Classy statement indeed.

Thanks for your progress and hard work, Claude. It didn't work out, but Que Sera Sera.

Merçi Monsieur, bonne chance.

Home League Points Per Game
Eriksson 2.08
Ranieri 1.94
Pearson 1.93
Little 1.90
Shakespeare 1.75
Adams 1.64
Taylor 1.57
O'Neill 1.52
Kelly 1.45
Levein 1.40
Puel 1.32
Holloway 1.27
McGhee 0.91
Bassett 0.80

Thats because I do genuinely believe we were on a very good long term path but quite frankly, the wheels had fallen off with recent results.

Yesterday could have been very different with our general performance but it kind of went as expected given recent results.

I think had the penalty been scored the other week and we ended up getting a result at Spurs then things would have been very different now.

This is why I continued to defend as we weren't far off getting things very right in my opinion, someone posted about 70-80% right the other day which summed it up well but unfortunately that 20-30% was having a bigger and bigger negative effect so I can understand why the decision was made.

I just hope we give the new manager, whoever it is, a decent amount of time and not be calling for change if we aren't in the top 6 by the end of next season.
I don't think the fans were complaining about being In the top six, it was more his lack of ambition he appeared to throw cup competitions away, he was too negative for me.

I don't think the fans were complaining about being In the top six, it was more his lack of ambition he appeared to throw cup competitions away, he was too negative for me.

He didn't throw them away, he did it in a calculated manner so that we had more chance of beating teams like Cardiff, Palace and Southampton at home to give us a great chance of finishing 10th

So cut him some slack

Very interesting on the bookies site I use.

I had a bet on Appleton to be our next permanent manager a few weeks ago. Not that I want him especially but I figured that if Puel went before the summer, Appleton is the most likely temporary replacement and if he does well he could be appointed. At that point I got 100/1 and stuck a fiver on it.

He's currently 5/2!!!
Christ!

If you've got a shred of sense I hope you laid it off on an exchange?

Wonderful statement. I bloody love Top.

The bit about his preference to give a manager time to overcome challenges, develop a squad, and keep ups and downs in perspective is exactly what I want to hear from those in charge of our club. Screw the short-termism that dominates modern football (and wider society too).

Reading that, I feel good about the direction we're going in.

Surprised to have just seen Mr and Mrs Puel in the City. He was in his lycra running gear.

Expected him to have had it away back to Monaco on the first flight out of here.

Must be weird to be around after being sacked. Maybe he'll be in the kop tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757